46|Worth It?

Ryleigh's POV:

I've been laying in bed for the past hour.

Eventhough most of the men left earlier, Sue still suggested we stay on the second floor until it's time to leave.

Jordanne's words keep replaying in my head... 'Continuous heartbreak weh yuh issue mi almost every year'...

Every year?

*Be honest with yourself...every year fi real*

Deciding to ignore my subconscious, I slide out of the bed and move to the door.

Exiting the room, I saunter down the hallway recounting my steps from earlier to find the balcony where my friends are.

As I bend the corner I hear Toni's voice "Speak of the devil! sleeping beauty! you ready fi come relax you mind?"

They all laugh and I wonder to myself if I'm the only one holding a heavy heart.

*Probably*

"Watch how me woman eye red" Lorelle whispers, with an over exaggerated pout.

"You Okay?" Mariah steps forward to ask.

"Me alright, you?"

"Yes me good, daddy ago recover, Surgeon say it sure" she says, offering me a small smile.

My eyes avert to the gate at the entrance of the property and linger their for a moment.

"Sue say them soon come back..." Muuch explains after noticing my stare.

*Then my mind easy fi read sah*

"Yeahhhh cause u no stop bother her bout SSSSSLLLLLLLYYYYME" Keif laughs out, sending myself, T', Lorelle and Mariah into a laughing frenzy.

First time me a laugh from after 2 last night.

We sober up and Toni starts asking us exactly what happened.

"Girl Ry' show me the flier and me decide say we ago, you know me do anything fi the vlog" she says, her voice laced with regret.

"Mi beg the gyal dem no go enuh...but Mariah determined and Ry' she just wah go fi one reason or the next" Lorelle shakes her head.

*Watch how the lady a throw unuh under....which is right*

Like when she reach she never down ina it too.

*She did done reach already...might as well*

I decide to take a seat beside Muuch who keeps looking at the gate.

Toni looks over at me knowingly, having heard the argument yesterday morning between J' and I.

In that moment I decide to let the others know what happened. Pulling out my phone, I bring up the screenshot of J and whoever the girl is.

It takes a moment for them to realize before they all take turns looking at it. Toni is the last to see the picture.

"Lizzy?" she says and we all look up at her.

"You know her???" I ask feeling triggered by the fact that she knew about him and Emily last year.

"I know of her.... she a like the only person him study with, you know him no mingle with people at all" she explains.

"Oh.." is all I manage to get out.

"Wehm say bout it?" Lorelle queries staring at the picture as T' holds the phone.