38|Get Away

April (Same year)

Ryleigh's POV:

It's Good Friday and the girls, Sue, my mom and I are packing for a mini staycation in Negril.

Everybody else ago Ochi but we wanna be outa the way...you know...

"Ry' mahgo ring yuh back" Jordanne's husky voice comes through the speakers.

"Kool..." I utter, picking up the phone from where it was propped up against my jewelry box in my closet.

*Hah your closet*

Since January, before he even left, there has been a disconnect between J' and I that I can't quite put my finger on. I've been consistent with my therapy and some of the things we've been unfolding, has been causing a rift.

I'm not sure if he's been consistent with his or if he even goes at all. These days he's snappy, angry, with a hint of possessiveness.

*You know who he was from start*

It has multiplied...

We're supposed to go to our first session together online, sometime next week.

Deciding to fix my hair in a pony and drag a simple swim suit on, I sigh

April isn't a good month for me, hasn't been for the past two years.

The house is empty.....cold..... and as much as I love it here I wish Toni would come stay with me until J' is back.

She stilllll hasn't told me what all that was back then but we've been hanging out more, finally.

Looking at myself in the mirror I smile and decide to call my mom.

She answers on the 3rd ring.

"Mi pikny" she answers and I can hear the wind from her car.

"You soon reach?" I query, forgetting to mask my emotions.

"Turning on your street, how you sound so?"

"Just no feel well..." I whimper.

"....MHmmm.... u think you..." she begins to ask but I quickly shut it down.

"No mommy...I'm still on the pills...just that..." I start but stop.... "Me alright man just did up too late last night" I find a quick excuse to hand off.

"Mhmm..you mek me know if you need me fi come stay with you after this weekend" she says in a serious tone.

I force a laugh to lighten the mood.

"U nuh reach yet man..remember alla we a go down ina three cars"

Another call comes in and I realize it's Troopa.

Yes, I was able to have my own way and have him moved to our home instead of Sue's

*Bruk bad*

Whatever I want...

"Mommy Troopa a call, me will see you in a few" I state, switching the call before she could continue to drill my true feelings to the surface.

"Troopa?" I say emitting actual concern through my tone.

"Lorelle outside" he states.

"Troopa you nuh affi call me for Lorelle or Toni, just let them through each time" I say laughing.

I can hear Lorelle arguing.

"Me tell yuh! open this man!" she whines.

*Gyal miserable*