12|Secret

Ryleigh's POV:

Me: We good?

Jordanne 🤪: .....

I wait for him to finish typing, but he doesn't

Sigh....

*You need to tell him what you really wanted to tell him*

I can't, he would never forgive me for keeping it secret.

*Atleast tell Toni-Anne, but you can't keep it all bottled up*

No...

I look back at his chat and his display picture goes blank.

I press my lips flat and stare outside.

"Eat your food nuh Ryleigh" mommy suggests

"Trying mommy, but memba Sue full we up enuh" I lie.

Sue didn't cook today since she had to return the rentals. Emily made breakfast but I didn't eat it.

*No gyal na poison me*

We also stopped at the KFC drive through on the way to Kingston but I haven't had a bite, in fact I left my zinger in the car.

*Eat little girl*

I wish I could...

I push my food around on the plate to at least look interested when I decide to text my friend Lorelle.

Lorelle and I were the very best of friends all throughout school. Her and my other friend who is also her cousin, Keif, didn't come back to 6th form, instead they opted to start Utech right away.

I can trust her.... I can tell her

*You sure?*

I pick up my phone and search for her chat. It's been a week since we checked in on each other but don't mistake that for a distant friendship, we're very much still close.

Me: Relle?

Dutty foot💕: Gimi 5 mins

Within the next 3 minutes she's typing.

Dutty foot💕: Present Ms. Stevens

Me: Me ago just get straight to the point.

Dutty foot💕: This sound serious

Me: Kinda... so remember me tell you bout the times me and Jordanne had sex this year?

Dutty foot💕: Yeah?.... yah scare me enuh

Me: I got pregnant apparently and I don't know if it was from that time in the car or what but all February long I was sick right up until early March.

Dutty foot💕: Was Ry'... u say was?

Me: Mek me done no Relle jeez. Anyways me go doctor go confirm my suspicions. The way me nearly drop down 😅. I sat down with the confirmation until early April...

Dutty foot💕: Two weeks ago that Ry?!

Me: .... So April 8th I went back to the doctors and there was no heart beat.

Dutty foot💕: Ryleigh omg

Me: Yeah Lost someone I fell in love with at only 11 weeks on our journey.

Dutty foot 💕: Calling you rn so go in private.

I jump up and run to my room before the tears could escape my eyes. Mommy became so consumed with her episode of 'Family feud' that she barely noticed me leaving.