21|Regret

Jordanne's POV:

I enter the room keeping my eyes on Ry'

Her eyes are swollen and her face is puffy.

She's been crying.

I hate seeing her like this.

She would get like this whenever Nolan would cheat ...

F*ck..

*Yah put her through the same thing*

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding onto and search my thoughts.

Where should I even begin?

*Just say you mind bredda and quick too*

"Ryleigh you know I love you right?" she laughs hysterically while looking at the ceiling.

Me give her joke?

I'm serious...

"What do you want to know" I ask trying to pinpoint the start of my explanation.

"Well the way me think me did know everything... start from when you born" she jokes without a hint of humor in her tone.

"Ry' I'm being serious" I state

"I've been serious since last August" she whispers. "Thought we were on the same page, you know that night in New York I heard you call her and I decided to let it go, now I'm being punished for my stupidity"

She isn't angry and my father always told me when a woman is no longer angry you've lost her.

*Jah know*

I had a feeling she overheard that conversation. That morning she couldn't leave fast enough and ever since then we've been distant.

*And you never think that's more reason fi see her on her birthday? or Christmas, Easter? summer? something???*

Let me start from August...

*Good*

"Ryleigh that night I called to let her know I landed safe because when we spoke in the library nothing was accomplished. I thought maybe if mi let her down easy she would be less hurt by the fact that I didn't want to move further with her."

She giggles

I continue...

"When you left I called her explaining my thoughts clearly. We arrived at us just having casual sex when I needed to...if I ever needed to"

Ryleigh giggles again and sits up to look at me.

"Aren't you the one who said you wouldn't seek out anybody to be with Mr.Sheer ?" she questions and I find it hard to look into her eyes.

"No man look pah me because this is the last time we'll be this close" she hisses.

My heart sinks and my hurt is being replaced with anger.

I need my spliff..

She no mean that when me wait pon her fi years fi move through alla her fuck ups.

*Jordanne you serious? the moment she gave you half of a chance you f*ck it up*

I close my eyes for a second and re-open them to look at her.

"I did say that yes... but I also didn't seek her out" I retort.

"Hahhh murdaaaa... Fada be a fence fimi please" she laughs, but her eyes are filled with pain.