67|Solemn

Ryleigh's POV:

"Yes that's me" I jump up, walking over to woman cladded in her white coat.

"There has been little to no progress, but we were able to stabilize him...come with me"

My heart falls and I fight my tears, fearing it would be the last ounce of them for life.

The way mi a cry from last week till now is ridiculous. Mi just cya believe all of that happened, one trip..we took one trip together as a team...a family...and now this?

I walk into the cold room, filled with sounds of beeping machines and flashing monitors. Standing at the foot of the bed I look down at him while picking at my nails.

"He can hear you..Mek mi give you some privacy" I hear the words of the doctor behind me before the sound of the door closing.

Finding the will, I lift my feet to take me to the side of the bed, just to be closer to him. For every second that passes, I grow more and more cold inside. I can almost feel my empathy evaporating, my once warm heart, becoming pointless....the only job it has now is to keep pumping blood to keep me alive.....

Nothing else...

"Training" I hear Slyme's voice from behind me.

*All him can go run up under him mumma*

I hate everybody, everything....

I look back at Slyme standing in the doorway with a blank expression, before bending to leave a kiss on his forehead.

"I know you can hear me.... fight through it" I whisper while squeezing his hands.

=

=

"Run!" Sue shouts.

"Squat!....yesssss..... climb!....yesssss.....climb girl!!! climb!!!" she continues.

Aye a wii diss dah lady yah enuh. I'm so tired and if I had known this was what the training would be like me wouldn't promise Jordanne nuttin.

"Ryleigh climb!" she shouts again.

*A weh di bl**dclawt duh dah lady yah?*

"I'm trying!!!!!" I scream, and it must've taken all my energy because as soon as my words fall from my mouth, I'm falling on my ass with them.

Cho f*ck!

"Again..." Jordanne's voice comes clear across the field, sounding cold...

Stern..

Poisonous....

Anything but comforting...

I put my pride aside and walk back to the starting point, noticing Jordanne is walking to the same spot.

I get there and pick up whatever concussion Sue and mommy made to keep me energized and hydrated for these morning training sessions.

"Love.... wah di problem? you don't want to do it?" Jordanne asks, hovering over my figure.

Mi tyad...

"I do... mi just cya make it past the wall" I say throwing my hands up.

"Ignore Mum's voice... she a try give you the same training daddy gave her..but after years of this...mi realize everybody different... and yah prove dat today"

Mi coulda deh a England with Lenard a drink tea and relax enuh..

*Girl shut uppp*

A smile pulls onto my face at the thought, but is quickly wiped away from the memory of the hospital visit yesterday.