16|Adieu

Ryleigh's POV:

I stir to the smell of stew chicken dancing across my nose.

*Sue that enuh*

I know the fragrance of Mrs.Sheer's cooking anywhere.

*You no plan fi go move in your things on dorm?*

I jump at the thought and grab my phone from the night stand to look at the time.

I'ts 11:57am

Realizing Jordanne is not in bed I head straight to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth, all while trying to open his chat.

I find it and click it open.

Jordanne Sheer: I left to take care of something with the team.

Me: Ok what time is your flight I wanna see you before I leave.

Jordanne Sheer: The jet has been rescheduled for tonight. Mi send Skulli dem go move in your things with you mother. Soon talk to you.

Jordanne Sheer: 🧊💦❤️

Me: Ok thanks? ❤️

I click out of his chat and enter the shower.

Minutes later I'm in the drawer he claims is mine, taking out a sweatpants, tank top and fresh underwear.

*He really did set it up for me*

So it seem yes...

I get dressed and head downstairs with one thing on my mind and that's Mrs.Sheer's stew chicken for breakfast.

As I descend the stairs all eyes are on me.

*Everybody is still here*

Me p*ssyclawt

"Rise and shine!" Toni laughs out loud and Lorelle hits her jokingly.

"As a siren" Joshua doubles over with laughter.

"Duh pay them any mind" Sue says as my cheeks flush red.

"I made your favourite since you...had a night...and there are fried dumplings and fried plantains covered on the island if you want to add those." she points at them while smiling at me.

If I could disappear right now

*Weh yah chat say? and hungry a twist up you tripe?*

Everybody is acting as if we no witness at least 7 murders last night.

Muuch, Mariah, Keif, Lorelle and Joshua are all seated around the island. I'm assuming Ghale went home last night for real.

Mrs.Sheer hands me a plate filled with my favourite parts of the chicken and a smile creeps across my face.

*Long gut*

I walk to where everybody and the fried dumplings are and start adding to my plate.

Lorelle moves closer to me and whispers. "How was your night?, sounded like choir practice up there" she winks.

I shove her laughing and take a seat on the free stool.

I look through the floor to ceiling kitchen windows, wondering where my mother was while I was being loud.

I ask Toni the question that rests on my mind.

"She didn't hear a thing" Toni assures me.

*A now you business bout Janette*

"Yeah Mrs.Sheer took her to the lawns out front along with the team when she saw you guys leave. They chatted and drank beer straight to bout 6am this morning" Lorelle adds.