48|'Of-Age'

EXACTLY TWO YEARS LATER:

Jordanne's POV:

"Man dem a move suh?" Paw chuckles pouring more henny into his cup.

"Like yuh born a rum shop so bad head?" Skulli counters.

"Man wah drink fi the whole Jamaica" Buckle laughs.

Laughter erupts on the side lawns at the last statement and a small smile creeps across my face.

"Yo mah go fi Muuch" are the words that exit Slyme's mouth while everybody comes down from the high of laughter.

Muuch...

She's been around often since her and Slyme started to take the ting dem have serious.

Realize them ina supm from two years ago but now them a move well official.

*Wish that was you huh?*

The thought of having a seamless and loving relationship crosses my mind but the thought of.....

Never mind...

I push the thoughts and feelings to the back of my mind.

Two years....

Two years since we've said anything other than 'Hi and Bye' to each other while in passing at Sue's little 'get togethers'.

Two years enuh skull...

730 days....

*We hear yuh enuh shoota*

Jah Jah ...

Lighting my 3rd spliff on the 3rd hour, I nod at Slyme granting him confirmation to leave.

Neva take up back the therapy thing but me really a think bout it now. Past 2 years I've been changing, more bad than good

I was able to complete my four year long degree in three and a half (three if you don't count the semester I took off) years by completing semesters in the summer. I've been in Jamaica since early February getting all the plays in order to move back.

Part time..

*Part time?*

Yeah six month here, six months there...

That's good all in all, but mentally I'm not doing well. I've murdered a ridiculous amount of people... the number I've lost count of, my weed and liquor intake is lethal, my temper is beyond short and the women? the women I've managed to damage along the way, I'm sure will come back to haunt my off- spring.

*So me pray me no get a girl*

The interruption of my thoughts come by way of Joshua finally testing his audio boxes.

Man love weh him do enuh. Over the months he's been taking the DJ thing very seriously and recently asked me to invest in an event idea he had.

Nice likkle all inclusive, exclusive event.

Love the idea...so me drop couple bricks.

Mhhmhm...

"Soup?" I hear Mum's voice and look up to tell her no.

If Sue no do nothing she ago serve soup enuh.

"Suenne the men no wah no soup, carry food come feed dem" Ms.Janette giggles.

Regardless of Ryleigh staying away since I've been here Ms. Janette has been here everyday and every word she says, all her mannerisms and the glint in her eyes reminds me of Ry'.