68|Limbo?

Jordanne's POV:

Today I'm on the roof watching the sun rise. Couldn't sleep last night, have a million tingz on my mind.

I've been out here ever since Ry' fell asleep.

*Swear a she drunk from the party the way she drop asleep quick*

Sleep has never been easy for me...so me deven a worry.

*Yuh need fi tell her bout Rome*

I don't.....

*And if she find out?*

Mi certain mi tell her him ina better place.... a just di truth...

*Hell is a better place?*

Better than my torture vault...yes

Taking a long pull from my.......... 5th spliff? 6th?.....I don't know..... I watch as the birds move form tree to tree, carrying out their morning chirps.

I've always found peace in watching nature, such an easy concept. They live to eat, reproduce and carry out their duties. If humans did so simple, life woulda better and I probably wouldn't have this much on my plate.

Jah Jah..

I sit like this for another hour before feeling Ry's presence.

"Good morning" my words ring clear and tone-empty.

"What..you have eyes in the back of your head now?" I hear her ask.

Without dragging my eyes from the view, I say "Connected"

I hear her footsteps moving closer until they come to a stop behind me. Her hands find my shoulders and her lips find my neck.

For the first time since getting home, I relax.

"You didn't sleep.." she scolds.

I don't answer...

"Jordanne, you have to sleep, it's been days"

Sleep?... if I could I would.... believe mi.

Even cuddled up in her bosom, I still fail to drift off. No amount of weed, liquor, sex, gym or sessions with Terry seems to be helping.

*Yuh know wah can help?*

Trying not to start an international war, but day by day mah inch closer and closer to dat.

FLASHBACK

"Guh back inside the f*cking house Ryleigh!......everybody!" I sneer.

Months of peace, months....

Nuh know why me think life did ago nice forever..

*Somebody ago dead*

Everybody ago dead fi wah me just see....

*No joke*

"Man dem" I shout "Call the heads and mek dem know any and all shipment through Boston and Chicago fi pause"

"But..." Slyme starts.

I turn to look at him, long enough for him to read my eyes. I watch as the fear creeps into his body and he tenses. In this very moment, me know this nahgo end well... the reaction Slyme just had confirms that I'm not myself anymore.

Took less than twenty seconds for me to feel this way after months of ongoing work..

*Feel it too*