31|M.I.N.E

Ryleigh's POV:

I look at the wall clock for the millionth time since I woke up.

KMT...

11:57am

He said midday right?

*Ryleigh the man have 3 minutes*

Two minute 57 seconds...

I decide to walk downstairs. I'm not sure if Slyme got here since I fell asleep after handing my clothes to Ramone and heading back upstairs.

I get to the kitchen...

Nobody...

I move to the living area....

Nobody...

I walk to Ramone's office and surely enough there they are...playing FIFA

They don't even notice me..

*Then a them yah man yah fi protect me*

I turn to walk off.

"Him soon reach Ryleigh" Slyme says without looking up from the game.

Ramone laughs. "The man call me thousand time"

I smile, suddenly conscious of what I'm wearing. It's a basic cotton shorts and top but my ass keeps eating the shorts up.

I should get newly sized house clothes.

*Fi wah?*

For you know....when I have visitors?

*Where? nobody but Jordanne and Toni comes to Janette's house and you don't leave your room on campus*

Fair enough....

My head pops around following the sound of an engine pulling in.

*You ago bruk you neck fi man?*

My man? yeah...

I find myself smiling and I start thinking of things to do, to not seem like a creep.

The sound of foot steps startle me. It's Ramone.

He looks at me and we both double over with laughter.

"A wah kinda joke yah give me woman Ramone?" his voice covers the room.

"Inside joke boss" we both start laughing again as Slyme exits the office trying to look just as busy and serious as Ramone and I were.

"Me hear the game from outside man... Slyme from you drop Ghale a in deh so unuh deh a play game?" he teases.

Ghale?!

Slyme tries to explain but both Ramone and Jordanne start laughing immediately.

"Unuh f*ck off" Slyme says.

Today would be the first I've heard him say more than two words in under 24 hours.

*You extra*

Him barely talk, Paw is the funny one and Ramone is the corny one. Skulli is older and more serious.

*You need fi ask why J' and Skulli a behave so*

I will..

Jordanne puts a duffle bag down on the kitchen counter.

"Ryleigh..." he says biting down on his lips.

He lifts me onto the island.

"Mek we cut..." Ramone suggests to Slyme. "The West Village town house empty" he continues.