51|Toying

Cont'd

=

Ryleigh's POV:

"You made breakfast?" I say walking to plant a kiss on his shoulder.

My knees don't have the strength to help me tip and kiss his lips

*Yeah cause Jordanne shake them out.*

"How long have you been up?" I ask

"Just since 6...when I realized you weren't in bed..I was gonna call but then I saw your texts, how was the girl's night?" he asks while tossing the eggs around in the bowl.

I slide myself onto the stool around the island and start peeling back a banana.

"Good we had fun, went to taboo and stop a Lorelle as you know" I whisper, biting the banana.

*Barely get out dah lie deh sista gyal*

"Oh" he says "You don't look like you had a lit night, you look ...fresh...like yo..."he mumbles keeping his focus on the mix he's creating.

"Yeah" I say cutting him off "I took a shower before coming in to help with the hangover"

*Yah dig yourself deep eehh*

The kitchen stays silent until he slides a plate with French toast on it and a side of blueberries.

*Weh mi wouldn't do fi Sue stew chicken instead a this*

I smile, getting ready to create space in my tummy to eat his breakfast even though I ate earlier with such man.

"All this time mi never know you can cook" I giggle, biting into the toast. It's actually so good.

Watching the genuine smile spread across his face, I tip up to actually kiss him on his lips this time.

"Is that Tom Ford?" He pulls back in confusion.

*Tom Ford?*

Tom Ford???

"Tom Ford?" my eyebrows scrunch up in as much confusion as his.

"Yes...the cologne... you have a faint smell of it lingering on you"

*And look how you baaaathe and scrubbbb*

Murdaaa...

I force a tiny smile before I mutter "Must be from Lorelle, she loves perfume, men's cologne too, she collect them" I lie through my teeth.

With that I stuff another piece of toast in my mouth to give myself time to recover if he has another question.

He does.

"Come with me to Portland today?"he suggests and as the words leave his lips I thank God it's not another question about my misdoings.

Portland...I love Portland

*Man dem a dash yuh favourite things at you this weekend*

I have to finish my reports for Monday. Easter Monday or not, I have to turn them in.

*Virtually*

But still...

"I have to work...and.." I try to protest but he cuts in.

"Ry' it's my last day with you, allow me to take you there, you can bring work with you" he smirks.

I watch as he removes the apron from around him and bring himself to sit and eat his toast.

"If mi wake up and feel rested I'll join you...what's the latest we can leave?"

"10:30...." he states.