6|Decision Part 3

Cont'd

Ryleigh's POV:

I'm now at the grill searching for my keys, when I see mommy cut the lights on.

Jordanne is in his car with the window down waiting for me to get inside. He relaxes when he sees mommy open the door and I finally am able to get in.

I watch him ease back and I know he's putting his gun back safely in his waist.

*Wish yuh coulda sleep out don't? mek the man go home in peace*

I'm only 17 and my mom has never allowed me to stay by J's or him by me at all. I've still never been inside his house after Toni and I became friends but she's been here a million times over.

Don't get it wrong, mommy loves Jordanne and the way he is with me but she says she won't be the one that creates a space for us to do anything we'll regret and her young gyal pikny nah breed pon her.

*Memba you pill a morning*

I will...

"Good night Mr.Sheer. Thanks for taking her home in one piece!" she shouts to J' and he honks his horn before speeding off with 🎶 Alkaline's- 'My side of the story' blasting.

"Wah do Jordanne tonight Stevens?" my mom asks– her eyes fixed on my clothes.

"Him good mommy, probably wah go check if T' alright."

"Wah wrong with T' and what's wrong with your clothes" she touches the shirt J' gave me to wrap around my waist to hide the crotch rip.

"Toni nuh take up herself a fight gyal and now her head buss..and my crotch ripped while I was bowling" I answer her questions.

She lifts the shirt "Me tell you wear the cargo cause a whole heap a movements fi bowl but you no listen" she says in a 'I Told You So' tone.

"Mommy rest nuh... Me ago bathe, sleep a kill me."  I actually don't have an ounce of sleep in me right now.

I want to FaceTime Toni, I want to check on Dalani and I need to find out if Jordanne is ok with what I suggested.

*Annnnd you have to sleep cause school a morning?*

Yeah that too...

Sleep

=

=

9:45pm

"Ok girl as long as unuh know wah unuh a do and you no stress him," Toni says while ironing her uniform for tomorrow.

"We'll see... just a suggestion," I respond while wrapping my hair and looking at my teeth.

*Need fi wear yuh retainers tonight*

I explained all my feelings to Toni and she listened and understood. I wish her brother could do the same but his feelings are blocking his judgment.

*Then nuh must Ryleigh... you serious right now?*

"Danne nahgo wah share you but if unuh choose fi do the friends with benefits thing and he agrees, at least he knew what it was and can't blame you... and then me affi pick sides," she whispers.

"Why yah whisper?" I ask looking down at the phone that's propped up to the corner of my bathroom vanity.

"Sound like you man walk pass me room," she giggles.