97|Parallel Shifts

Please pay attention to every POV shift, every time shift and every setting jump.(In this chapter and the next) There won't be another update for me to explain.

READY!!!!??

~

~

Ryleigh's POV (Cont'd):

As I guessed we're all being interrogated separately. It's been hours of them trying to pry information but I'm not saying a thing without the lawyers.

*And when dem come.... wi still nah say sh*t*

Easily...

"Can I have a cup of tea?" I pose my question to Wellz, just to tick him off.

By the looks of it he's tired of the run around. Good fi him 'cause mi tired ah it too... might just stop fight the vomit and let eh go in yah.

"We have coffee...." his response rubs me wrong.

*Nuh badda.... cya poison me*

You're so paranoid... it's crazy...

Better safe than sorry mlavve... Although it would somewhat be satisfying for him to harm me in anyway, so I can watch Drip pick him apart...

*Ry'?*

.......... Hmm?

The light in the room is too bright.... bright light pull confession? 'cause what's the point?...

The entire station reeks of weed...the irony....... a sour mixture of food, bleach, testosterone, lies and a whole lot of ego.

My sense of smell is heightened for some reason... nuh know wah gwaan deh so... but mi---

"Cee, I never wanted this life for you or Janette.... I'm here to fix it.. I'm the reason you guys got involved with them in the first place... Robert anuh good man and so mi sure him son cya be a good ma-"

"Duh call mi dat!" I seethe, silencing the room.

*Man yah a test mi patience*

I refocus, trying to keep all my emotions in check, only way mi can carry this out seamlessly.

"Listen.... Mark, please duh mention my mother or Jordanne, ask your questions and carry on....." I hiss.

Wellz looks at Mark and they both chuckle....

Hope dem a laugh when it boil down...

=

=

Lenard's POV:

"So what exactly do you know about them?" the guy that has a very weird resemblance of Ryleigh asks for the umpteenth time.

"Nuttin....." I mutter....

I know everything.... but I like to watch the Jamaicans try to take down what's bigger than them. I can't remember where I recognize this guy's face from.... other than him looking like her....

Cya place it...

"From what we know... they picked you up after a flight last year... just around this time actually.." the other guy.... Wellz throws in.

KMT...

Pathetic if yuh ask mi enuh...

"Can't recall...." I murmur.

I remember every single detail from that day. And everyday after that I've done my research.

"Why yah protect dem? we got a call from a number traced back to one of your addresses.... the person reported reckless driving and suspicious activity connected to a Porsche Tayc--"