54|Gradually

Week and a half later

Ryleigh's POV:

"Babe it's been two days, mi give yuh long enough killa" Jordanne's voice comes clear, echoing throughout the master bathroom.

Cya even answer him right now...

Another wave of weakness sweeps my system and I grip the rim of the bowl, throwing my head forward.

*P*ssyclawt me feel like we ago dead sista gyal*

Really Ms.Subcon? now?

Ignoring my subconscious I start to wonder...

I can't be pregnant, I know that, I had my period less than 3 weeks ago... there is no way I would be having morning sickness this early?

My thoughts are cut by my insides rising to the roof of my mouth and landing in the toilet before me.

"Ryleigh...mah call Surgeon or him nurse them if you no comfy with him...or you can just let mi bring you to the doctor like I've been saying since Tuesday gone." he explains in the softest tone.

I remember this tone from the night of Mariah's 18th birthday party.

*When yuh did drunka dan the man dem ina bar a fortnight*

I try to stand and I feel when he releases my hair from the pony he's been holding it in.

Moving to the vanity I stoop and start to rinse my mouth out.

It's been a bl**dclawt week....

*Talk nuh man*

From having sex every day round the clock...and I do mean everyday...round the clock..to falling ill like two days ago and throwing up my insides since then.

Dem supm yah why u nuffi give bun enuh man... first time me see it fit fi partake ina the sin and seet deh... God a plan fi purge me!

Sigh...

Lenard doesn't get back until tomorrow....

*Him and you period due same day eeh*

I plan on telling him I'm just not ready to take things serious and I need time for myself...let him down easy.

Jordanne and I have finally decided to commit to the relationship we can't seem to run from, no matter which end of the earth we are or how long we're apart.

I haven't been back into his sessions but according to Terry he's keeping an open mind...stubborn still...but open to discussing his emotional trauma.

*Love dat*

"J'" I mumble while walking to the tub "No wah waste di time go today, if I don't start my period tomorrow then I'll take one of the 4 million tests you bought"

I watch him shake his head...watching me struggle because I refuse to have him help me 24/7

*Then a yuh wah say people stubborn?*

Climbing into the tub, he holds me steady as I enter the warm water.

Warm baths have made everything bearable....

He slips in behind me and I lay my head on his chest while picking up my phone.

Scrolling to my Flo app I tap it open to stare at it again.