80|Dust Settles-J

3 Months Later (Final Extensive Time Jump)

Jordanne's POV:

I can't seem to find my footing.

Or forgive myself.....

....because how was I that blind?

Too much sh*t slipped right before my eyes. Too many times I saw that she was hiding something and didn't dig for answers.

Tuh much time bad head....

So now me lef fi question myself... I can't let her leave and I almost don't want her to stay..not because I want to live without her but because I know she'll be just as unhappy as my mother was years ago.

Took twelve long weeks for my anger to dissipate....

Twelve long, painful weeks for the dust to settle, for me to see that what I've been doing...still doing, is no more than a harmful cycle, picked up from the man that everybody told me to follow suit.

Even after death...he plagues my existence.

F*ccckkkk.....

"Are we supposed to stay today?" a soft voice pulls me from my thoughts.

*Bl**dclawt...forget dem even deh yah*

Without offering a verbal answer, I shake my head no.

Them know dem can't stay on any occasion, so me nuh understand the f*ckry question.

Blowing the smoke from my mouth I signal to the door.

One of the girls hiss at my action and I raise a brow at her. The other yanks her out of the room while I sit up to make myself a drink.

I look at the bottle confused.

Why it empty don?

*Why yuh need it at 6am?*

.....Mi affi explain dat?

I don't usually stay at this apartment but last night I chose to. Last night I missed her a little more than usual and so if I could change the environment...maybe I'd forget the love I can't seem to shake.

Everywhere else reminds me of her one way or another. Whether it being her helping mum to decorate it or her simply overseeing the books.

So here I am, at an apartment I bought on impulse last week...

Jah.....

No way she do mi alla that and I'm still trying to figure out what I did for her to do that.

Was she not comfortable with my lifestyle?

Mi dat hard fi deal wid?

Why me woman fraid fi tell me simple things weh might bother her...

*Woman?*

Friend?

Hostage at this point bredda...

"Yo the guard dem carry dem gone enuh, drink?" come's Liam's voice at the door way, holding a fresh bottle of Henny.

*Might as well*

I walk over to him, taking one of the two glasses and the bottle.

Pouring myself a drink, I start to realize two a we ina the worse boat. As the two man dem weh basically responsible fi the island, two woman nuffi have we so skull.

I chuckle at the thought and Slyme looks at me as if he understood.

"Yeah man, we f*ck up" he laughs.