69|Cards at Play

Ryleigh's POV:

"My condolences girl" Nadifa says. I don't answer but offer her a soft smile.

Cause weh mi fi say? thanks?

*Sigh*

I'm finally back at work. I should say in office, since I've been working from home. Dr.Drew told me to take time off but I don't see why. The kitchen gives me wicked flashbacks and since yesterday I haven't been able to be comfortable around Jordanne.

Ramone should be calling any me minute now....

"I'm going back to the office" I mutter.

"Girl you didn't even eat..you've been out here for less than five minutes" she pouts. She reminds me of Mariah... a less crass version.

*Yuh know you disrespectful*

Mariah too.

The thought of my friends bring a smile to my face and I stand, deciding to call them instead of sitting in the break room, nibbling at this salad with my work bestie.

"I have something to finish and send in Nadz" I lie. She rolls her eyes and pouts.

"Okay... me can help"

"Nadifa!" I laugh out, causing other eyes to turn at us.

"See mi mek yuh laugh gyal" she giggles.

I guess she did.

I'm so closed off to new friends and meeting new people that I judge everybody so harshly when they're probably being genuinely sweet.

*Mhmm*

I don't know...

Moments later I'm back in my office with all of 50 minutes left in my lunch hour.

*Ramone no plan fi call?*

Trying to shift my mind from worry... I call the group chat, hoping atleast two of them are free.

Lorelle, Mariah, Toni and Muuch picks up. Keif she probably a sleep midday... and I really didn't call for Kelly.

"Wahpm... your work no have duties and dem ting deh?" Lorelle starts off.

"The girl a sparks, probably done her tasks from 10am" Mariah adds.

"Mah turn unuh down, in a product meeting via zoom" T' whispers.

"Think the girl a dead" Muuch rolls her eyes.

"Like mi cya miss unuh??" I retort.

"Weh everybody up to fi the week?" Mariah asks.

"Have some outreach fi look ova" Lorelle says, pointing her phone at the pile on her desk.

*Then why Digicel still a use hardcopy?*

"I don't have much to do since I've been working through the nights while Jordanne haunts the house ...cya sleep if God tell him fi sleep"

"Mommy used to drop DPH ina him fruit juice" T' laughs.

We all join in.

*Suanne a supm else enuh man*

"That can't shake him again..." I say and notice that Michelle is tapping away at her phone.

Bwoiiii....

"Muuch... we call fi talk to you, you no have no class today so how yah tap so" I ask, bringing a piece of lettuce to my mouth.

Mi know nothing ova Law no mek people slap up dem phone suh...