72|Anuh Play Pen

Ryleigh's POV:

It's Saturday morning and mi excited bad bad. Not because it's the week before my birthday but because today I get to go visit my cousins.

They've always been visiting me but mommy would never allow me to visit them often.

*Say May Pen nuh safe*

As if I didn't live there right up until age 11? And spent my summers there until I was 15.

*So the lady behave*

Ever since daddy him up and left she's been extra cautious, for what? I duh know.

Where is Jordanne? From week the man a dodge mi. My walls are grateful but my heart? not so much.

"Ry' this too?" Muuch asks, holding up a bug repellent.

I look at her crazy before saying "Yes girl, batlassss willll kill yuh after 5"

"Batlass?" Jordanne's voice bellows down from the balcony into the living area.

I look up at him, wondering why the funny question and the weird expression plastered on his face.

"Yeahhhhh..." I say "The little things that sting, smaller than mosquitoes but bites worse"

He scratches his temple while looking at me. A light goes off in his eyes and his lips curl up into a smile.

"SAND FLY?!"

"BATLASS!" I shout back. Pretty sure I read somewhere the name is Botlass flies, never-the-less a batlass fimi, bout sand-fly.

I'll leave him to call the little flying demons sandfly when one grab him. Pretty sure a 'batlass' him ago scream out.

"Sand- fly the thing name big forrid... you're not in Clarendon yet and I already can't understand you" he laughs, now making his way down the stairs.

"Whatever.." I hiss, packing all the things my cousins have asked for.

"What was that? mi couldn't understand" he laughs, moving to Muuch and I.

He tries to pull me into a hug but I shove him.

"Batlass it name" my mother confirms coming from outside.

She reach...

"Definitely sand-fly" Sue says coming in behind her.

Bwoyyyy...

Jordanne's eyes find mine and we both start laughing. Our mother's walk over to us hugging their child and switching to hug their child-in-law, respectively.

*Yuh married?*

Might as well....

"Ms.Janette that thing I needed to talk to you about, we can talk in the office before I leave?"

I look between mommy and J'...wondering what they have to talk about that's so private. My prying mind will always ruin a surprise. Thinking of my birthday, I don't bother asking.

Moments go by and Muuch and I have finished packing all the things we'll need as if May Pen isn't less than an hour away.

*Unuh too frighten*

We are....

It's to be myself, Jordanne, Muuch, Mariah and....... Liam, since J' swears up and down he can't leave his right hand while he has minimum security.

I suggested Ramone or Skulli but no. At this point him a try force Muuch into a confrontation with him nasty friend enuh.

*But hear how yah deal with di man, he was just your favourite last month*