39|Miscommunication

Jordanne's POV:

"Ry' mahgo ring yuh back" I say getting ready to end the call.

"Kool..." she says and hangs up.

The disconnect is evident between us.

Normally we coulda fix it through sex but since we're miles apart, that's not an option.

She keeps asking me about my therapy sessions...

The ones I haven't been going..

*Killa really?*

Just nahv the time skull..

This one course a kill me..

*Mathematical Methods of Engineering*

You know when you think yah top man until, yuh reach a certain point in your degree and realize yuh affi actually take it serious.

Affi actually study...

I've managed to get all the properties in order, get Ruse to agree to fall under command and stop try start a mediocre war weh me nuh have time fah... accepted that Sue is in fact with Paul and nothing cya change that.

Everything except the issues we've been having with the Venezuelans..... and the JCF lingering around my family home every now and then according to Mum.

So therapy is the least of my worries.

*How yuh finally get the girl yuh been want and a f*ck it up...again?*

Nah f*ck it up intentionally just have a bagga sh*t a gwaan...

*We make time for the things most important to us*

"Jordanne..." Lizzy mutters in question.

I look back to face her, and realize I've probably been staring out into space...again.

"Lizzy" I retort quirking a brow at her.

"The problem Jordanne...did you get to the conclusion?" she asks.

I look down at my booklet and realize I haven't even started.

"Distracted" I say offering her a tiny smile.

She rolls her eyes and asks "Is it Ryleigh again?" and for a split second I think about telling her that assumption is disrespectful.

I don't...

Instead I ignore her and move to my spliff.

"You can't smoke that in here" she reminds me, but I've been smoking here since freshman year.

"It good" I say.... hoping she'll shut up for a second.

She doesn't, instead she goes on about something happening to somebody who smoked in their dorm room.

I drown her out by taking deep long pulls and within minutes my mind is cleared.

Therapy cya do dis...

*Yuh never gave it a chance...*

Minutes later I'm going through the booklet with ease.

When I get to the last question I ask her to match her answers to mine and surprisingly they're all the same... give or take some decimal places.

"We should reward ourselves don't you think?" her voice pulls my attention to her.

Since I came back, she's been trying to get me out to mingle and actually see what college is really like.