88| 9-5 Woes

Ryleigh's POV:

"A part time you work enuh girl so me nah listen to your promise" Nadz laughs, while complaining about me leaving her here with these people.

I laugh out, bringing the fork to my mouth.

"Yuh bright bout part time...weh u deh when work a kill me a me yard?" I laugh ...... "I had... a family emergency man, I told Mr.Man I couldn't come in yesterday" I explain.

Not that I need to, but Nadz is the only person I get along with genuinely in my department.

"Girl I get it, if it was me I woulda milk it all week long" she adds, taking a sip of her juice.

Nah, it's good to get out of the house...Jordanne woulda f*ck me to death if I stayed the entire week.

*Mi nah ask yuh*

Know me know....

"Today dem a announce who will join the Reserve Managers enuh.... mi nervous yuh fret" she whispers.

She looks nervous too....

Me on the other hand?.... I'm okay, if I get it I get it and if I don't I'll try again.

My plate is starting to run out of space and if I were to get this promotion, I wouldn't be able to work from home as much as I'm able to now. The work for reserves is more hands on and certain information cannot leave the company's system.

Cya bring home much work....

With JJ, my friends and dem issues, the books for Sheer Holdings, my properties, my father lingering around and Jordanne's sex drive...mi woulda must dead...

Mi is just one girl...

*One likkle lady...a tyad*

"Lunch?" Dr.Drew takes a seat beside us, before we approve. Nadifa looks up at me... and I her, before we shrug.

Richard has been having lunch with us once per week almost every week and we still haven't gotten used to it. Nuh sure if him nahv no friend but having lunch wid your boss gets annoying..we cya get fi talk bout who a stress we, and who a cock we up so and suh.

Kmt....

*And look how me finally have a story fi tell...after weeks of listening to Nadifa's situationship stories*

"Richard yuh no see big people a talk?" I ask, looking at him in disapproval.

"Me nuh blind like you enuh Stevens, me see unuh... if unuh no wah me here today just say that.." he trails off, holding his chest to feign hurt.

Nadifa and I laugh out, bringing multiple sets of eyes to our table.

*Them stuck up sah*

"Yes gwaan...we can't talk bout nuttin when yuh deh yah...and me no see her yesterday" Nadz adds.

I giggle at her audacity...

I watch him grab his things to leave but Nadifa pulls him back down. "A joke boss, sit down"

Bringing my aloe water bottle to my lips, I watch how playful they are.

*Then what a way dem close...then again, people would say me and him close too so..*

Rightttt....

"Unuh ready fi the announcement?" he asks.

"You see weh Nadz a say.... who tell you we wah talk bout work at lunch?" I ask, now bringing the bottle from my mouth.