60|Clean Slate Part 4

Cont'd

Ryleigh's POV:

"A Rome man...she good"

Instantly my limbs go numb.

"Sometime yuh nuffi make certain people live..." Jordanne breathes and I watch his demeanor change from slight concern to sinful.

Vile...

Vicious?

Just a wave of darkness..

Snapping his fingers to Skulli to get his attention, he mouths something to him and I watch Skulli enter the house.

"Mi not even come pah dat... that was warranted but yuh mek mi bredda switch camp... the one family me have?.... cya live with dat" Rome's voice is lethal.

Jordanne's eyes become venomous and I know now that if I tell him about the dm it won't end well. I swallow and start to move towards the side of the house to try and find my mother.

I know she's always here on Sundays...but how is it she's not at the front with everybody else?

"Stay.." Lorelle mouths to me from beside the gazebo and for some reason I listen, planting myself just before the pathway to the courts. From where I stand I can see everybody clearly and they I.

I look to Jordanne who has now fully transformed into Drip.

He smiles genuinely when he says "Rome...listen me good... just drop off Mariah, her father anuh somebody fi joke wid...but you know that already"

The smirk that creeps across his lips tells me all I need to know.

Toni shifts her weight and holds onto Joshua, while he holds on to Kelly..

*Mi just cya understand the dynamic*

Now anuh the time....me a try figure out what the f*ck fi say bout the dm...

"Me either" Rome chuckles "Tell we woman me say 'hi'... and that I saw that she read the messages before she run block"

Jordanne's eyes shoot at me, and whatever amount of control or calm he had just went out the window.

All other eyes shoot to me and when I say all I mean everybody, every person from our circle, even Ryan.

I become cripple...

Cripple right on spot..watching him move to me.

Everybody tries to say something, but I know he can't hear it, because I can't either. The emotions has made us both deaf in this moment.

The difference is my emotions are...

Fear...anxiety... panic

....and his seem to be.... anger...anger and more anger.

The fact say me not even deny it right away already let's him know that Rome isn't just lying fi throw him off him game.

"Drip!!" I finally hear Slyme's voice from..... behind me?

*Then a when him reach yah so?*

Jordanne doesn't stop and my legs want to move but my brain has disconnected.

"Jordanne f*cking Sheer!" Sue screams and that's the first mi actually hear the lady cuss beadword.

*Then yuh bring out the worse ina people eeh...what a way everybody a shout but a Slyme alone brave enough fi move*

Jordanne still doesn't stop, he's walking slowly but directly to me.

Seeing as my limbs have given up, it makes no sense to protest right?