40|Boils Down

Toni-Anne's POV:

We're getting ready for bed and I'm thinking about switching rooms with Lorelle for real, but knowing her she nahgo stop ask why until I explain.

She's leaving the shower....

Naked

I snap my head away and she looks at me funny..

"Toni why yah act like you fraida breasts? you no have two pah you chest?" she questions.

If dah girl yah no go put on clothes...

*Murdaaaa*

"T'?" she mutters and I don't know what the f*ck happened but I decide to just lay it out.

"I think I'm bi" I mumble

She immediately holds her boobs.

"Bi like bicycle? or bi-sexual? like the flag team?!" her eyes dance with questions.

Somehow she makes me laugh..

"Sexual Ryleigh...." I say and grab the nearest robe to hand it to her.

She takes it and slowly puts it on watching me as if trying to figure out if this ia another one of Mariah's little YouTube pranks.

"Weh di camera?!" she laughs but my face stays blank.

"You're actually serious?" she continues while tying the robe.

"I am" I mutter looking up at her.

"So that's why you've been avoiding me? why would you avoid me? you could've said something..you know me no business.." she explains while taking a seat beside me.

I hold my eyes to hers, hoping she reads them and I don't have to explain.

The room falls silent for a few seconds.

"No... say a lie... you like me don't you?!" she laughs "Mi know me was a goodaz enuh but not this gooood" she doubles over in laughter.

"Gyal shut up nuh, yahgo tell the whole place?!" I join her laughter with genuine happiness.

And this is why I think...I like her.

A just the energy..

"Tell Joshua me a tek him gyal" she continues laughing. "But seriously I don't think you like me, I think you're discovering your feelings for women and I'm just the closest you have to a perfect relationship with one"

And until she said that just now... I haven't thought of it from that angle.

Could be true but why does she turn me on?

"Maybe.." Is all I say...

"Trust me you'll figure it out...anuh me per say...not saying me anuh the best gyal u ever seeeee but those feelings can get confused" she laughs.

She's laughing- laughing at this point...

*What a dutty gyal lol*

"I hope so" I giggle. "So me fi stay pah your bed or?"

"Not too much b*tch" she laughs "Find yourself pon the second bed ova deh so...you lucky me no make you switch rooms but you know we friends nahgo stop ask a wah"

She right bout that..

"Right! Right" I say and she offers me a warm smile.

"And Ry'.... don't tell J'" I turn to her.

Her laughter picks up again..

"Toni yuh know the boy say you did a look pah me though... when we a chat on the lawns and me tell him say him a f*cking fool.." pulling the sheets across her torso she stares at me trying to suppress her smile.