Stormy Sleepover Part Two

-this sort of went off the rails but I hope it's the kind of garbage you're here for...-

"Are the kids asleep?" Bruce asked, leaning in the doorway of the cinema room, lit only by the rolling credits of Friday the 13th.

"Uh, B, they're not kids, they're young adults." Jason said mockingly. "And yeah. We practically had to carry them upstairs."

Bruce tuned out Jason's stupidity, as he was apt to do. "Okay, well, I need two to cover the west side, and one to assist with the bust downtown."

"NOT IT!"

"NOT-- Hey!" Tim kicked his brother and got up. "Fine."

"Great, It's you, Damian, and one of the girls." Bruce turned to leave. "Meet in the cave in ten."

Tim groaned, booting Jason again and passing him "Why do you wanna stay home so bad? Wanna finally study for your test?"

Jason let out a bark of laughter. "No! Just gonna give them a little spook!"

"You're an asshole." Tim yawned, passing him. "Try not to traumatize them? They're jumpy enough."

Jason snorted but otherwise ignored his big brother as he left. he had work to do; it was a terrible rainstorm, they were in a manor, they'd just watched a slasher movie, and most of the adult figures were inexplicably leaving. this was the perfect set-up for scaring little kids. or, y'know, a group of emotionally stunted young teens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Robin? Psst! Dick?" Wally rubbed his eyes and forced himself to sit up. He's been splayed across a bed with Dick and Artemis, but the other's weren't in sight. right, they'd been placed in a guest room. "Guys?" He yawned, but the duo was--- out cold. Trust the Gothamites to sleep through torrential rain and thunder!

Half asleep, he unlocked the door and hobbled across to the guest room with the dim white light glowing under the door. He tapped the door, only for it to swing open.

Kaldur squinted up at him, pained, holding his phone, checking the time.
Nobody was on the king-size bed, M'gann was floating, Kaldur was on the floor, and Conner was elsewhere (Wally assumed, in the closet).

"Wally?"

"I woke up. the storm's wild." He closed the door and sat across from Kaldur, both of them lit from beneath by the light of the phone, like they were telling campfire stories.

Kaldur nodded. "I haven't been to sleep yet."

"How late is it?"

Kaldur held up his phone; "11:35 pm. "

"Not too bad." The redhead reconciled. "Is anyone else up?"

"mm." a voice murmured from across the room. They turned to see M'gann roll over mid-air. "Hey Wally."

"Hi."

"Did we wake you up?" Kaldur asked apologetically.

"mmaybe?" She grumbled. "It's fine. It's always hard sleeping in a new place."

"Sorry." Wally muttered sincerely. "The Gotham kids are still asleep. How's himself?"

Kaldur glanced at the closet across the room. "I didn't want to bother him by checking in."

"Makes sense." Wally agreed, ruffling his hair. "we should probably keep an eye on the time. At least a few of the bats are out fighting crime in this weather, and if they come back and hear us awake, They'll be pissed."