The "Haunted" Doll

-HOLY WHOA part 95!!-

"What's that, Jay?"

"Oh, nothing." the teen said, holding the box out of the nine-year-old's view.

"What?"

"Don't worry about it, Dick."

Dick grabbed his brother's arm, jumping on tip-toe, his neck craned. "SHOW ME! SHOW ME!"

"No-"

"SHOW ME!"

"Okay." Jason conceded, lowering the box. "There was a free yardsale box on the street near school. Someone was getting rid of ALL of this!" He removed a few items; an antique lampshade, a cracked mug, a water-stained playbill for Sunday in the Park with George, and an old Barbie modelling head with matted hair.

"EW! What's that?"

"What?"

"That!" Dick pointed to an old crochet doll with mismatched button eyes. All its limbs were different lengths, and its hair was yellow, and of the same yarn material that made as its skin and clothes.

"Oh, weird," Jason suggested. "it must have been wrapped in this, I never saw it." He held up a stained pillowcase. Both boys screamed and retreated as a daddy long leg fell out from the fabric.

"It's creepy!" Dick said. "Get rid of that junk!"

"No way, there's some great costume jewellery in here!"

"It's weird!"

Jason thought for a moment. "Does it scare you that much?"

"Ye-- NO! It's just... it's just creepy! and gross! you should get rid of it."

"... Maybe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick staggered from the room, dizzy, heading to the bathroom before spiralling back into bed. He opened the bathroom door and... something felt off. Dick opened the medicine cabinet to take the medication Bruce put out for him. A scream escaped his lungs; staggering backwards against the wall. His hand searched for the lights and found it.
He scowled. "JASON!!!" He stormed down the hall and body-slammed into his brother's door. "JASON!"

Jason groaned, coving his ears. His eyes opened a sliver. "What?"

"This is NOT FUNNY!"

"What?" He asked, squinting at his brother. "Get out of my room."

"You put that THING in the cupboard you." He whispered the cuss. "Shit."

"oOH, I'm telling!" Jason scoffed, sitting up. "What are you talking about."

"That doll thing! You put it in the bathroom you jerk?"

"What are you talking about?" Jason ordered. "I didn't put that thing out! It's still in the box!"

"No, it's not! look!" Dick dragged his big brother up off his bed, and to the bathroom. "LOOK!"

Jason ruffled his hair, disoriented. "Well, I didn't do it!"

"Yes you did! You know I hate that thing and you put it out to scare me!"

"I DIDN'T"

"YES YOU DID!"

"NO I--"

Id3ntical chills ran up their spines, and both boys turned to face the Alfred, both cringing back in anticipation.

"Sorry Alfred."

"Sorry Alfred."

Alfred took Dick's shoulder and began steering him back to bed. The boy turned to look at his older brother. "This isn't over."