From Dust Till Dawn

'You good Evan?'

'You good Evan?'

'Yeah.. I'm good...'

'So what's up?'

'It's about Eddie...'

'Oh gosh.. what happened?' Maddy chuckled slightly.

'I don't know how to tell you this.. but... uh..'

*AMBULANCE 23 TO DELL SETON. MASS CASUALTIES COMING FROM THE 145 MULTIPLE MVA. THREE DOA, BUS 23 BRINGING TWO FROM SCENE. ETA FIVE MINUTES*

'Shit! Evan, I'm sorry.. multiple car pileup, mass casualty event.. gotta go! Have Eddie text or call me later!'

"Okay, what do we have guys?!"

"White female, Maria Apple, approximately 145lbs, 30 years old.. restrained driver in a Subaru Legacy.. took impact of a Ford F-150, who took the impact from a semi, on her side. Tachycardic, in and out. BP 160 over 60."

"The side?! Jesus, what happened out there?!"

"Put her in bay 2! Subaru's are designed to protect against side-impact collisions, must have gotten her good, call cardiology and neuro!"

"Maurice Apple, 33 years old. Approximately 200lbs, unrestrained front passenger.. was looking in wife's purse on the rear floor when the impact occurred. Lower abdomen - pelvic injury. Reported some lower back pain as well. Conscious and alert, pupils reactive to light. BP 140 over 50."

"Okay, she's first! Take Mr. Apple to bay 4! And call ortho!"
————————————————————————
"Sheesh, that was intense. I wonder why that crash was so bad...? It's like sunny out, right? I know shit happens all the time, but still." Maddy questioned out loud as she walked over to Jen, who was watching TV near the nurses station, and Maddy's desk.

"This might have something to do with it..." Jen said as she pointed to the TV.

*A major dust storm is making its way towards downtown Austin! More after this..*

"Oh fuck?! Well that's fantastic.. we're gonna be packed later..."

"Before y'all say anything... I know, I can't meet ambulances in the bay with the dust out there. I know! I take care of my lungs y'all!" Maddy chuckled.

"I wish the 126 was together... I would like to check on them.. see how they're gonna handle this shit. I normally just call the station or Owen.. but I'll just text TK!"

The 126 had to be separated for a few weeks while they waited for a decision to made on when the 126 would open up again after the explosion.