More Than Friends

"Okay Teek, what do you want to do for dinner?" Maddy asked when they got into her apartment

"Okay Teek, what do you want to do for dinner?" Maddy asked when they got into her apartment. He looked around her kitchen for a moment, "Hmm.. want me to make shrimp stir fry?" He smiled. Maddy smiled back, "yes I do! I have everything.. hopefully!"

TK rubbed her back and headed for kitchen sink to wash up. Maddy sat on the couch, admiring her best friend. His chiseled jawline, his inviting eyes. It was hard not to have feelings for him, even if they couldn't be sexually reciprocated.

Maddy's love for Tyler Kennedy started in third grade— she saw this cute little boy with brown hair on her first day of school, and the teacher put her next to him. He had adorable chubby cheeks, and ran right up to her at their first recess and introduced himself; they were instant best friends. Joined at the hip.

Tyler Kennedy and Maddy had Mrs. Cooper as their third grade teacher. A girl he hadn't seen before was seated next to him on the first day. Tyler was instantly enamored by her— short, dark brown hair and hazel-brown eyes. He knew he wanted to be her friend. They protected each other fiercely— still do.

They're more than 'just friends.'

TK knew he liked boys in a different way than he liked Maddy, but since he was so young he wasn't sure what it meant, so he kept it to himself— he knew that Maddy would be the first person he would tell, whenever he figured whatever it was out.

TK caught Maddy smiling at him, absentmindedly. "Mads.. what?"

She blinked away her trance, "just looking at you.. remembering the year we met.. third grade."

"Oh yeah.. best year ever!" TK winked at his best friend. Maddy blushed slightly, "well until the year you met Carlos, and EARLY last year when your gorgeous best friend moved to be closer to you." She winked.

"Facts boo." TK replied, and blew Maddy a kiss. "You know what I was thinking about the other day?"

"What?" Maddy asked as she got up and walked to the kitchen. TK looked at her, "that Brandon guy that you lost your virginity to.."

"Ew god. Why?"

"C told me about y'all's conversation... I hated him so much dude. So much..."

"You didn't tell me that.."

"Would you have listened if I would've told you?"

Maddy sighed and rested her chin in her hand as she sat in her bar chairs at her counter, "you know I would've. I loved you Tyler, and I wanted it to be you, but you were out..'publicly' already.. I didn't want to make anything confusing for you." She sighed again.

TK looked at her with immense love, "I didn't know that. You.... you wouldn't have."

"Teek... would I have even been able to.. Arouse you?"

"I loved you..."

"I know.. but Teek, you're sexually attracted to men. Yes, you and I are romantically and physically attracted to each other.. but sexually is where the attraction stops, for you— you have all those types of attraction, and more, with men. That's how you were born! You know that! I love you, so so much! Brandon was an asshole, made me leave afterwards, and I was just a scared little girl who knew she fucked up. But he didn't force me.. even though I know you think he did. You're my soulmate, always have been.. always will be. It just wasn't going to be the best decision.. us, intercourse." She said in a whispered tone.

TK walked out from Maddy's kitchen and pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, "I love you so fucking much. Holy shit." He broke their hug, and grabbed her jaw in his strong hands, and kissed her. Really kissed her. Maddy broke the kiss, and brought her fingers to her lips, savoring TK's taste. "Well... Carlos will be upset he missed that." She exhaled sharply.

"Well I gotta get back to this stir fry," TK winked with a chuckle. Maddy laughed as she shook her head. She watched as TK worked his magic with her wok, adding and mixing all of her favorite ingredients. "I'm glad you're still in my life, Tyler."

"Ditto babes, ditto." He said as he quickly turned around to wink at her again.

Maddy got up to change and use the bathroom, leaving TK to his own thoughts and his dinner preparation. TK thought back to all the times she defended him from bullies, or rude girls who didn't understand why he wasn't interested in them, but seemed to like Maddy.

He thought about all the times he defended, and protected her from assholes at various bars and parties. A large smile crept across his face as he realized they are each other's halves of their whole sandwich, and Carlos is the garnish on top.
———————————————————————
"This is SO good babes!" Maddy said, her mouth slightly full of shrimp and veggies. TK smiled at her, "naturally." He winked. "Glad you still like my cooking!"

"Of course! What're you wanna do after dinner? Want me to take you home... or....?" Maddy cleared her throat.

TK chuckled, "hmm...." he brought his hand to his chin and pretended to deeply ponder the question. "Hmmm."

"Tylerrrrrr!" Maddy pouted.

TK smirked at her, "of course.. I'll stay."

"Yay!" Maddy smiled. "Some of your clothes are still here too then, just FYI."

"You want me to be fully clothed?! What is this?" He gawked sarcastically.

"Shush it! I don't! But if you want to.. your clothes are here, that's all I'm saying!" Maddy smirked.
———————————————————————
"Babes! What do you wanna watch on Disney+?" Maddy called from her bedroom as she snuggled under the covers. "Or do you wanna watch Hulu or AppleTV+? Or cable?" She laughed.

"Sheesh. The decisions.. uhm, hang on. We'll decide when I'm in there... few minutes. Did you text dad and tell him I was staying over?" He called from the bathroom.

"Yes I did! He's cool with it.. as suspected." Maddy laughed.

*Phwwwwwhhht Phwoooooh* Maddy whistled when TK walked into her room. TK took a bow dramatically, as he turned around and shook his butt before climbing into bed with Maddy. He wasn't wearing a shirt, just grey sweatpants... with nothing underneath— she could see his bulge outline through them.

"Did you decide what you wanna watch yet?" Maddy asked as TK cuddled against her chest, "something on streaming is fine! Mmmm.. your boobies are squishy." He smiled.

"OH MY GOD. You're a weirdo!" Maddy burst into a fit of laughter. "But thank you! They are pretty great!" Maddy continued to laugh as she looked down at her boobs. She kissed his head before she grabbed her remote and clicked through the choices on AppleTV+ and Disney+.

"Oh! There we go!" TK pointed towards the TV when he saw 'Hamilton' appear on the screen.  "Ohh.. good choice babes!" Maddy replied. "Are you comfy?" TK pulled himself closer to her and buried further into her chest, "very comfy." She kissed the top of his head, "good. Love you. Let's start this movie!"