Saturday Strands

*Cause baby you were born this way* 'hey Teek!'Maddy said into her phone

'Hi boo! What's up? Is Tim there?'

'Hey TK..' Tim mumbled from under the covers next to Maddy.

'Yes, he says hi!' Maddy laughed. 'What're you up to?' TK yawned on the other end, Tim did too causing Maddy to laugh.

'Someone's in town who wants to see you!' Tyler said.

'Oh? Who??' Maddy replied as she stretched.

'It'll be a surprise!' Tyler laughed. 'Tim can come too, if he wants!'

'Let me ask him when he wakes up again,' she laughed.

'Okay! Just text me then— dad and I wanna spend time with you!'

"Babe?" Maddy asked Tim as she rolled over and kissed his cheek.

"Yes babe?" He rolled over and wrapped her up in his arms. "What did TK want?"

"He said someone from NY is in town and wants to see me— and he and Owen wanna hangout. They asked me to ask you to come too!"

"You sure?"

"Of course babe!"
———————————————————————
"You look great babe!" Tim yelled from the couch as Maddy appeared in the doorway of the bedroom.

"Oh.. you do too! I love when you wear your lighter wash jeans," Maddy winked. "Lesss gooo!" She grabbed her purse, mask, and walked to meet Tim who grabbed her hand and followed her outside.
———————————————————————
"Who do you think the visitor is babe?" Tim asked Maddy as they arrived in front of the Strand's house.

"I have no idea.." Maddy shrugged. She put her mask on and got ready to get out of the car. Tim hurried over and opened her door for her.

"Thanks babe," she leaned up to kiss him through their masks before she got out of the car.

The plan was for them to socially distance in the Strand's house— they all worked/spent time together, so the masks were for this random visitor. "Let's see who the hell wants to see me!" Maddy remarked with a wink.

*knock knock*

"Coming!" A familiar voice called from the other side of the door. Their door opened and Maddy was very surprised by who she saw, "GWEN! Oh my god! What are you doing here?? When did you get here?" She hugged Gwendolyn Strand and turned back to Tim. "Gwen, this is my boyfriend, Tim! Tim.. this is TK's mom, Gwen!"

"Nice to meet you!"

"You as well!"

"Come in!" Gwen ushered them inside and the two entered Owen's house. Tim followed Maddy to the couch and sat down. "It's good to see you Madison!" Gwen was one of very few people who actually called her Madison.

"Uhh... you too!"

"Yes well, Owen called me to tell me about TK's accident— and since I can work remotely, I knew my law firm wouldn't miss me, so I flew down here!" She smiled. "Flying is so weird now.."

"Oh! Of course! But.. How were you able to enter??" Maddy got excited; her mom could come.

"Travel is opened now.. kind of. Restrictions apply."

"Well that's fucking news to me! Anyway, sorry Gwen! When did you get here??"

Gwen got up, "do you two lovebirds want so water or anything?"

"Water please!" Maddy and Tim answered in unison.

"I got here.. the end of last month actually!" Gwen said as she reached for two glasses.

"Wicked! Glad you're here!" Maddy smiled as she took the glass of water from Gwen and placed her free hand on Tim's thigh. "Oh, I gotta pee. Be right back! She doesn't bite," Maddy whispered to Tim as she jogged to the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So you're TK's mom, Ha! It's nice to meet you!" Tim smiled. "He's a great kid."

"Thank you Tim.. he really is. Isn't he?" Gwen smiled back. "Madison is too.."

"Oh yes ma'am! I met her mother recently— told her how much I love her daughter. And since you're like a mom to her too, I can tell you as well.. I really love her."

"That's wonderful!" Gwen was beaming. Gwen and Stacy are close; Stacy is a lawyer too— so Madison was like a daughter to Gwen; they love each other's kids like their own.

"She deserves it! Been through a lot.." Gwen smiled gently.

"Oh I know it," Tim smiled as he sipped more of his water. "I like to think I've helped her.. she's sure helped me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Y'all talking about me?" Maddy laughed as she walked from a back hallway, pulling TK behind her. "Look who I found!" Maddy walked and sat down next to Tim again, who interlocked his fingers with hers.

"So what do y'all want?" Maddy laughed.

"Well moms the surprise!" He laughed.

"Yep, figured that one out!"

TK ran his fingers threw his bed head and smiled, "and I just wanted you to see mom and have lunch with us!"

"Clever! It is good to see y'all under one roof again," Maddy smirked.

"Ha yeah.. weird, but nice." Tyler smiled back at Maddy.