Sunday's At The Station

Maddy's favorite day of the week was one that surprised most people; Sunday

Maddy's favorite day of the week was one that surprised most people; Sunday. Well she actually only liked Sunday's when her favorite 126 crew was on shift, and she was cuddling next to TK in the surprisingly comfortable station beds, or when she was watching them getting all sweaty and wet as they cleaned the trucks and firehouse.
———————————————————————

"Mads..." TK said in a soft tone.

"Mmm.." Maddy mumbled in returned.

"Madison Jean, look at me." TK laughed.

"What Teek?" She rolled over and met her friend's eyes. "Tex!?"
*meow*

"The alarm though babe.. but Awh! You brought her harness and collar too!" Maddy sat up and smiled.

"Just a quick meet with Buttercup, and then you can take her home!" TK smiled. Maddy got out of bed and took Tex from his hands, and followed him to the living room where Buttercup was.

TK handed Tex's leash to Maddy, and she got her all harnessed up and hooked her leash up. Tex sat proudly as she purred contently at Maddy's feet. TK walked toward the back of the station and returned with Buttercup. "Okay Tex.. this is Buttercup," Maddy said to Tex. Tex walked up to Buttercup, who was wagging his tail. Tex swatted at him before she started to play with his ears.

"They like each other!" TK replied as Maddy gave Tex's leash some slack— it was a 10 foot long leash. She smiled as the two animals sniffed each other. "I guess they do! But I'm gonna take her out soon... cats are way to sensitive for the siren.... oh! Can I take buttercup to your dads house so they can hangout there?!" Maddy looked excitedly at TK.

"Go for it babe!" He smiled back. Maddy hugged him and went to get Buttercups leash. She came back and hooked Buttercup up, and started her walk towards TK's car. "You don't care if I take your car do you, Teek? Mine is at my apartment, as you know." Maddy laughed. "Go ahead babe.." TK replied as he shook his head.
———————————————————————
"Okay guys.. here we are!" Maddy said to the animals as she walked into the Strand's house. She watched as Tex walked over to the window and Buttercup plopped down right below her in the sunbeam. She turned her radio on, and smiled before leaving to head back to the station. Owen had installed a doggy door of sorts- Buttercup could go out and relieve himself until Maddy or TK, or Owen could make it back home.

She did one last walk through to make sure they would be okay while everyone was gone. Maddy was a very overprotective pet mom.
————————————————————————
As she drove TK's car back to the station, she stopped at a red light, a mile or so from the station. At the light, she looked around, and just happened to make eye contact with the driver in the left turn lane next to her— she smiled normally until she realized who it was, Mike.

Maddy quickly averted her eyes, but out of her peripheral vision, noticed Mike putting his window down. Maddy looked forward and waited for the light to turn green as Mike yelled something out the window to her. Her music was loud, so she couldn't make out the words.

The light turned green, and Maddy all but floored it out of the intersection. She made it back to the station and parked out back. Maddy burst through the station doors and sighed when she realized she was back in her comfort zone. She hated Mike's face and didn't want him to effect her Sunday.

"What's up Mads?" Mateo asked as he approached her in the kitchen. Maddy turned to look at him, "saw stupid Mike at the light off of 68th. I just happened to catch his eye— he rolled his window and started yelling, but my music was up so I had no idea what the asshole was saying." She laughed. Mateo started to crack up, "glad it wasn't more than that."

"Nah, he won't do shit.." Maddy swallowed. Right? "Just glad it's Sunday.. I can use a nap." She shrugged as she skipped away to the dorm area and crawled into TK's bed— his was the farthest from the door, tucked against the wall. Perfect for naps!
———————————————————————
"Mads.." a whisper came from the foot of the bed.

"Mads.."

Maddy rolled over with a grumpy scowl and saw Carlos, "C?! What's up? They'll let anyone in the 126," she winked.

"Don't be smart!" He laughed as he poked her side, causing Maddy to giggle. "I need your advice."

"Oh yay!" Maddy sat up and covered herself with the grey comforter. "For what?!"

"TK... our anniversary.."

"Didn't that already happen like last month?!"

"Yeah, technically but we didn't really do anything cause of the pandemic and other stuff... sooo I wanna so something for him now!" Carlos smiled.

"Awh, y'all are so cute! What do you need from me?" Maddy smirked. She motioned for Carlos to join her on the bed, from his squatting position. He looked at her, "what should I do for him?"

Maddy contemplated a while before answering him, "hmm... couples photoshoot, or you can have him move in with you, or you can take a road trip with him, paint him a picture, or give him the keys to your place..." Maddy laughed.

Carlos sighed, "I can see a theme here with you Maddy." She shrugged before 'shushing' Carlos as TK walked in. TK walked over to his two favorite people, "what's going on here?" He smiled.

"Nothing..." Maddy winked. "Happy Sunday Teek! Carlos and I are just catching up!"

"Hmm.." TK smirked as Carlos pulled him into a kiss, filling Maddy's heart with joy.

She loved Sunday's at the station, and she loved 'CK', as she affectionately called them.

"What were you two really talking about?" Tyler asked as he pulled Maddy back and wrapped an arm around her. She smiled as she grabbed his hand, "nothing boo. Well.. It's a surprise. But that's literally all I can say. I don't even know what it is. Swear!"

TK narrowed his eyes playfully at Maddy as she swung their connected hands back and forth. "Wanna watch us wash the rigs?" He asked. Maddy stopped and turned to face him, "Hmm.. let's see.. duh?!"

"I love Sundays." Maddy said to herself as she followed Tk into the garage, and took her place along the wall, a giant smile formed from her lips.