Waves In Calm Surf

"Morning beautiful," TK groaned as he rolled over and kissed Maddy's shoulder

"Morning beautiful," TK groaned as he rolled over and kissed Maddy's shoulder. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Good morning stud. Hmmm.... eggs please. Actually.. Peppers and cheese omelet," she replied.

"You got it boo!" TK kissed her cheek before springing out of her bed and heading towards the kitchen.

Maddy rolled over to check her phone, 8:00am. She also noticed that she had a text, so she unplugged her phone and rolled over on her back to read it. 'Hey Maddy! It's Eddie.. idk if you still have my number, but uhm.. I'm just checking in. Buck and I, and 118 will be heading out there your way again for training again soon, maybe we can see each other?' Maddy pondered the text for a moment before she answered, 'hey Eddie! I still have your number, lol. Hope things are well in LA! That's cool that y'all will be here soon, you might see me. Depends. ;)'

Maddy sent the text, and headed out of her room when the smell of her omelet cooking filled the air. "Hmmm.. smells good boo!" She said as she sat at her breakfast bar, smiling at her best friend. "Thanks boo. I didn't know what kinda peppers you wanted.. red or green, so I did both. Is that okay?"

"Yep! Perfect, thanks! Also.. uhm, Eddie texted me again. Not that you can do anything about it.. but I don't want secrets between you and I."

"What did Eddie say?"

"That he and the 118 might come out again for training? Asked if we could see each other again. Said maybe," Maddy chuckled.

"Well that'll be nice." TK said with just a hint of sarcasm.

"Okay Tyler Kennedy... calm down with the sarcasm." Maddy rolled her eyes just as TK turned around and put her plate with her omelet on the counter. He stuck his tongue out at her, before turning back around and popping Maddy's toast down into the toaster. "I love you Teek.. it was just a text anyway!"

"I'm not mad at all Maddy.." he smiled genuinely.

"Okay, good! Again, just a text!" Maddy winked as she put a fork full of eggs in her mouth. "You know you're my number one."

"I know. It's not that... I just don't want you to get hurt, again... Tim was the perfect person for you. Y'all were meant to be. And I know his death is still hard on you.. so I just want the next guy to be the guy, if that's even possible.. since Tim was." TK sighed.

Maddy started to tear up, "Tyler Kennedy.. this is one of the many reasons I picked you to be my best friend at the end of second grade."

"Love you Mads," TK replied.

"Love you too!"
———————————————————————-
"Alright Tex, going with my purple scrubs today. What do ya think?" Maddy said to her cat before she walked into the bathroom to put her makeup on.

*meow*

"Cool! Good, I like purple too today!"

Maddy finished up her makeup, and put on her lavender colored scrubs and headed toward the door. Tex ran up to her, and Maddy bent down to pet her before looking over towards her kitchen to make sure her feline friend had enough food and water to last her the day; she did.