Afternoon With The Smug Bunch

"Thank you so much for coming Eddie

"Thank you so much for coming Eddie.. it truly meant so much," Maddy said she pulled him into a hug before he left for the airport. Eddie kissed the top of her head, and rubbed the back of her pixie cut.

"Anytime sweetheart! It was so good to see you! Your turn soon?" He smiled. "No pressure!!" He quickly walked back his smile.

"Yeah..." Maddy smiled shyly.

"When you're ready." Eddie added.

Maddy smiled at him again, "yes, when I'm ready. I will come. You're gonna be late though! Bye!" Maddy grabbed his face and kissed him. "I will see you later.. in some form, that's a promise!"

"Agreed! Oh.. I almost forgot, have a good day at work! And take it easy.... fucking each other's brains out the other night really wasn't the best thing for your PCS... soo don't tell any doctors." Eddie laughed nervously. "Ice your head for me, please."

Maddy chuckled, "I feel fine... really good actually. And I will."

"Now, please?" Eddie swallowed.

Maddy laughed as she walked over to her fridge and opened her freezer— taking out an icepack. "Here.. better?" She winked.

"Yes!" He pulled her into a hug, and kissed her forehead. Maddy smiled at him, "thanks and thanks.. I will try to enjoy work, my half day on super light duty."

"You got this!" Eddie winked as he smacked her ass playfully.

Maddy kissed him again, "gooooo! Bye. I'll miss you!"

"I'm out! Bye sweetheart! I'll miss you too!" Eddie kissed her in return, and ran to get his Uber.
———————————————————————
"Heyyyy... look who it is?! Miss Madison Briggs.. in the flesh!"

"Hi Jen.." Maddy shook her head with a laugh. "I'm just gonna be sitting here today.. so can't wait for that." Her response was riddle with sarcasm.

"Better than nothing!" Jen replied as she walked up and rubbed Maddy's arm.

"Yeah.. I know, Jen. Just sucks balls." Maddy sighed as she sat down at nurses station. She looked around at her computer and sighed again. She wasn't even sure if she would be able to do any computer work.

"Jen... can you get an an icepack while you're up, please?" Maddy swallowed.

"Oh yeah! For your wrist or ankle? I just wanna figure out which size!" Jen was genuinely happy to help.

Maddy sighed, "my head... post concussion."

Jen furrowed her brow at her, "Madison. Yeah.. let me get you one of our body cooling packs... a small one."