Jealousy

"Morning Mads," TK mumbled as he reached over and wrapped her in his arms

"Morning Mads," TK mumbled as he reached over and wrapped her in his arms. She smiled to herself, before she placed her arms over TK's, and scooted closer to him in his station bed. "I've been meaning to ask you," he continued. "How have you been sleeping? I know you were having trouble.. since Tim."

Maddy adjusted her position, so she was laying on her back. "Actually.. I've been sleeping much better, thanks! The grief is still there, and will be for a long time, but.. there was.. nothing I could do for him... I'm forgiving myself more and more every day." She sighed.

TK looked at her, "that's amazing Mads! I'm happy for you!" He kissed her temple. She smiled again, her dimples showing.

"Thanks TK. I don't know what I'd do without you."

'Helloooooo! Hey you clowns!' Distant voices sounded from the other parts of the station.

Maddy moaned as Paul walked in, "who the fuck is that?! Screaming at 8:30 in the morning?!"

Paul laughed before he answered, "the guys from the 118."

Maddy raised an eyebrow at him, "those smug asses from LA? Hmm.."

Paul turned back around to leave the dorms, "one and the same."

"And why are they here?"

"Training.." TK answered. "Let's go say hi."

"Ugh, I gotta get dressed first. I'm currently just in my underwear.. so chill." Maddy laughed.

Maddy got dressed, in one of TK's shirts and a pair of shorts, and followed him and Paul out of the dorms. When Maddy caught up to the guys, she was taken aback by the smug smiles of three male firefighters—- the guys from the 118. "Oh hello.." Maddy said as she cleared her throat.

The one muscular firefighter, named Buck, approached her, "hey.. Maddy right?" Maddy shook her head. "Well Maddy it's good to see you again." He winked, causing Maddy to blush.

"Hmm.. I wish the feeling was mutual." Maddy winked. Buck grabbed his heart, and smirked at her. "That hurt my feelings, Maddy.."

Maddy shook her head and walked away, toward Marjan, who was talking to Eddie, the other attractive firefighter from LA. "Hey Marj." Maddy said as she approached. Eddie smiled at Maddy.

"Hey Mads.." Marjan looked at her and blushed as Eddie smiled.

Buck approached them just then, "say... why don't you ladies go out with us tonight? Me and my boy here?" Buck wrapped Eddie under his arm, while Maddy wrapped an arm around Marjan, "and what's in it for us? Why should we go out with YOU two of all people? Besides.. aren't y'all here for training?"

"Yeah.. but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the company of the two most beautiful ladies in all of Austin." Buck replied with a wink. Marjan rolled her eyes with a smile, while Maddy blushed.