It's Not To Late

"Are you sure?"

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Morning TK!" Maddy said as she rolled over to kiss Tyler on the cheek. They were in the firehouse, and she felt the safest next to TK, in his slightly larger than twin bed. He stirred in his sleep, and pulled Maddy close to his warm body.

"I'm not Carlos.." Maddy chuckled.

He smirked slightly, "I know.. I like being the big spoon.. even if it's with you." Maddy laughed as she cuddled closer still to her best friend's sleepy body— he smelled like firewood. She buried her face in his chest and took in his scent, she always loved the way he smelled. She felt safe and warm, pressed against his chiseled chest, his thick arms embracing her.

Maddy sensed that Tyler had fallen back asleep, and she had to pee. So she adjusted her hands, and grabbed a handful of Tyler Kennedy's ass, and giggled hysterically. His eyes sprung open, "brat!" He rolled over and pinned her down underneath his strong hands. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Sorry!" Maddy laughed, "but I gotta piss!" Her words and slightly panicked looked caused Tyler to let her up. Maddy rolled over and jumped out of bed to run to the bathroom.

She got back to the dorms and found Buttercup laying in her spot on TK's bed. Maddy smiled as she approached them. "Hey boy." The dog panted as he looked at her, and she bent over to kiss his furry head. "I wondered how you got so hairy all of a sudden.." TK laughed as Maddy cuddled in bed between the massive dog and Tyler. As soon as she got comfortable, the alarm went off in the station and TK jumped over Maddy and Buttercup, and ran to get ready to go.

It was Friday, so Maddy had off. She spent most of her days off at the station still— she would love to bring Tex, but she knew the alarm, and sirens would freak her out way to much, so she just made sure to keep her radio on during the day when she wasn't home.
————————————————————————
"How was the call today?" Maddy asked Mateo as the crew got back to the station.

"I'll let TK and Owen have that one.." he winked. Marjan walked over and showed her video she took of the two of them (Tyler and Owen), dangling over, then descending down onto a homemade minefield.

Maddy's eyes widened with panic as she watched the video, then out of the corner of her eye, she spotted TK and Owen and ran up to them. "What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You. Two?!" She was going back and forth, slapping them with the baseball cap she had been wearing. "A minefield?! Are y'all NUTS?!"

TK and Owen looked at her, and she could tell they were holding back smirks. "Y'all.. Jesus Christ! You love giving me a heart attack.."

"Oh, it's okay Mads! We made it!" Tyler winked as he pulled her into a hug. Maddy rolled her eyes in his grip, as Owen walked past and kissed her on the top of her head. "Yeah.. yeah, I just wish Marjan wouldn't record that shit!" She finally laughed. "I assumed it was video of y'all saving a cat in a tree or something."

TK shifted so one arm was around Maddy's shoulder and led her into the firehouse. TK bursted into laughter as he playfully kissed the top of her head— the thought of Maddy freaking out reoccurring in his head.

He broke from Maddy and headed to the showers, winking at her before he disappeared into the bathroom. "Jerk!" Maddy laughed. She walked back out into the common area, and was disappointed to see Buttercup eating the sandwich she made herself before the gang got back. "Bad dog! No.." she ran toward the dog, who burped at her then took off running. Maddy lost it— burst into a hysterical fit of laughter.

TK, who emerged from the shower and was now shirtless, heard Maddy's distinct laugh and approached her in the kitchen. "Mads.. what the hell?!" TK was nearly laughing already— Maddy had the type of laugh that made everyone else laugh around her. "The dog... fucking ate my sandwich... burped in my face... and just fucking left."

She was in tears, as she grabbed his arms for stability. "Jesus Mads..." Tk was laughing now too, as Maddy's cackles were echoing throughout the 126. She still found a moment of clarity to give TK the classic up-down.
———————————————————————
"What?! Pregnant? Your mother??" Maddy couldn't control the look of shock on her face as TK told her the news. "She didn't uhm.. enter menopause yet?"

"Uhm.. I don't know that about my mom! But clearly not. Don't tell them I told you though— let them tell you!" He replied.

"Well fuck... I guess not! But that's good?!"
————————————————————————
Gwen and Owen looked at each other, then to Maddy who showed a puzzled smile. "So kiddo.." Owen started.

"Yes..?" Maddy chuckled back.

"Well the kid and I, and Gwen were talking.. and well, TK told us that you're still having your bad dreams, and trouble sleeping. You can one hundred percent keep staying at the station; we love having you there! But as you know, we don't live there everyday.. so would you want to stay with us, until you're feeling better?" Owen asked, holding Gwen's hand. TK walked out from the hallway, a big smile on his face.

"Oh my gosh! Are you sure? I would hate to impose!" Maddy said, fighting back tears.

"You?! Impose?? Madison Jean.. never!" Owen smiled brightly.

"Okay.. if you're sure.." Maddy tucked the longer strands of her pixie cut behind her ears.

"Absolutely," Gwen said as she reached a hand out to Maddy. TK was rubbing her back. "We do have that smaller third bedroom, ya know!"

"Thank you all.. so much! Oh.. But what about Tex?!" Maddy was suddenly not as happy now.

"She's more than welcome too! You know I love her!" TK said. "Right dad?"

"Of course! I do love Tex." Owen added. Maddy could tell that Gwen was confused, "Tex is my cat. She's super friendly and chill." Gwen smiled a reassuring smile at Maddy.

"Oh.. one more thing!" Gwen said as she giddily got up and walked toward her bag on their dinning room table. TK winked at Maddy, causing her to smile— she was going to act surprised. Gwen sat back down and grabbed Owen's hand. "Okay Madison.. we have some news.."

"Oh?" Maddy smiled.

"Yes.. uhm.. Owen and I.. well.. we're pregnant!" She handed Maddy a picture of her sonogram— a little peanut in the middle of her belly.

"Oh my god, Gwen! That's amazing! Congrats." Maddy smiled at the couple, and they seemed to looked relieved that another person they loved was so supportive. "And.. that's not all actually."

Owen beamed. "We want you to be his godmother." Maddy clasped her hands to her mouth and looked at TK, who sat down next to her. "I couldn't tell ya everything dude," he whispered.

"You guys.. I can't.. I mean, why me?! Shouldn't it be Teek? Like watch his younger brother...?!"

"It's not recommended that god parents be familial.. for semi-obvious reasons," Gwen said. "So who else would we rather have than you?"

Maddy burst into tears, "oh my god... Strand's... you guys... thank you for thinking of me.. I'd love to be."

"Great!" All three Strand's said at once. They all got up, and wrapped Maddy up in a big bear hug. Maddy was surrounded by love— she couldn't wait to call her mom to tell her all of the good news.