Bleeding Hearts Easily Catch Fire

A wildfire was ravaging the Austin woods— and the 126 was on high alert

A wildfire was ravaging the Austin woods— and the 126 was on high alert. Maddy's hospital was prepped and ready to go too. They made some room, and were going to be able to accept fire victims if necessary.

During her shift, Maddy was informed that the 126 was going to be stationed in the field in order to assist with the fire. She also learned that crew members from a station in LA were being flown in to help as well. The Austin officials didn't want it to get anymore out of control— so they wanted as many reinforcements as possible.
———————————————————————
While Maddy was at the nurses station, Carlos walked up to her in a slight panic— his face was masked, but his eyes told the story. "C?! What's wrong?"

"Have you heard from TK?"

"Oh.." Maddy chuckled. "Yeah, 126 is still up there.. on the mountain or whatever. Didn't he tell you?!"

Carlos rubbed the back of his head, "they're still there.. okay cool. He did tell me, just didn't know how long.."

"You cops sure act like y'all know all the shit when you don't," Maddy teased.

"Watch it!" Carlos winked. "I'll let you know if we get any updates!"

"Please do! I'll do the same... actually," Maddy paused. "I'm trying to go up there.."

"What?! Why?"

"They need nurses.. for anyone they find, or for the firefighters.." she looked away from Carlos's dark eyes, and searched for her boss, Liz. "I'll be right back.." she walked to her boss.

"Liz.. I'm going.. to the fire," Maddy said as she crossed her arms. "I'm still a RN!"

Liz looked at her with motherly eyes. "I know.. and a damn good one at that."

"Tyler and Owen are up there.. I have to." She said to Liz. Liz paused for a moment before speaking again, "go..you know what gear to take. Check in when you can! And call your mom!" Liz had to yell down the hallway as Maddy already had taken off for the supply closet. "I will!" She yelled back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hi mom!'
'Hello sweetie, what's up?'
'Just wanted to check in and tell you I love you..'
'Well.. I love you too..'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Carlos.. are you able to give me a ride??" Maddy asked as she emerged from down the hall.

"I don't want to.. but I will." He rubbed her back before the two of them rushed out the door towards Carlos's patrol car.

Carlos pulled up down the road from the base camp, and Maddy got out with her bag and headed towards the large tent. "Teek! Judd!" Maddy called as she saw the two stoic men up ahead of her.

"Maddy?!" TK replied in shock as he ran to meet her. "Why are you here?!"

"This camp needs nurses.. to help your smug asses if y'all get em singed," Maddy winked as she smacked TK's ass. TK wrapped his arm around Maddy's shoulder and the two of them, and Judd, walked back toward the tent— where Maddy checked in with the person in charge.
———————————————————————
"Tyler!" Maddy cried as she ran around the basecamp looking for him. "TYLER KENNEDY!"