I Want You To Be Happier

It's been three weeks since Tim was killed by an 'act of God

It's been three weeks since Tim was killed by an 'act of God.' Maddy was still met with unbearable grief- she was able to take two weeks off of work, but the sounds and sights still haunted her every time she started a shift. Her nightmares of his corpse haunted her dreams, and caused her to seek the help of a therapist.

Her mom, and TK were there for her too, as they always were, and it helped her a lot.
———————————————————————
Owen was a little standoffish recently, and Maddy had no idea why until TK finally told her.

"So why is your dad like.. avoiding me?" Maddy asked as she laid her head in TK's lap on the station couch. She covered herself with the big black blanket as TK rubbed her head, "he doesn't want you to be mad at him. He uhm.. he was next to Tim when the rock.. hit. But it hit Tim and not dad.. so his survivors guilt is kicking in again.."

"Oh my god. I would never ever blame him or like resent him in anyway! I need to talk to him!"

"Yeah, that'll be good!" TK smiled as Maddy looked up at him. "You good?"

Maddy sighed, "yeah.. I'm good. I'll be right back." She got off the couch and walked up the steps to Owen's office.

When she arrived at his office that overlooked the station, she felt a sense of calm— Owen was like her dad, and she could never be mad at him, so she knocked on the open door. "Daddy O?"

He was standing behind his desk, rubbing the back of his head, "Oh kiddo. Hi, come in!"
Maddy walked in and sat down on one of the large chairs that were across from his desk. "I don't blame you Owen, at all.." she said as soon as her butt hit the chair.

Owen looked at her with pained eyes, and just starred at her for a moment before he spoke. "I knew you wouldn't Maddy.. it's just.. again, I was right there! And death didn't pick me!" He slammed his fists down on his desk, and Maddy jumped ever so slightly.

She looked at him in the saddest way, "and why are we complaining about being alive? It clearly means you're meant to be."

"So was Tim!" He snapped, not at Maddy, but almost as if he was snapping at himself.

"Sometimes shit just happens Owen! I miss Tim with the deepest parts of my soul, but what would've happened had it been you?! TK wouldn't have you, Gwen wouldn't have you, the 126 wouldn't have you.. I wouldn't have you." She took a breath. "I loved Tim with my whole heart, but you're my family.."

"Still! Tim shouldn't have died.." he chocked out.

"No.. he shouldn't have. And yeah, I'm fucking pissed, and miserable... BUT neither of those feelings are directed towards you or the 126.. none. I trust you know that.." she didn't want to cry, but Maddy was a cryer and couldn't help the flow of the tears.

Owen walked over to her, and embraced her in a hug as Maddy stood.  "I'm so sorry Madison." He said. Maddy sniffled herself into a smile and replied, "daddy O, I would never blame you for anything like that.. ever. Love you."