The Aquarium

About three weeks had passed since Tyler got shot on duty

About three weeks had passed since Tyler got shot on duty. Maddy had been going to see him as often as she could. He was able to leave the hospital this week, but wasn't cleared for heavy duty yet.

Maddy sent TK flowers, delivered food to him, and made sure he wasn't taking too many pain meds. "How are you doing Teek?" She asked him as he gestured for her to enter his home.

"I'm doing good Mads. Wanna check?" He chuckled. He was referring to the fact that she would want to make sure he wasn't taking hardcore pain meds.

"No!.... well kind of. I trust you Teek, it's just that.. I THOUGHT THAT I LOST YOU ONCE ALREADY," she sobbed. "I cannot lose you again.."

TK smiled at her lovingly, and wrapped her in an unbreakable hug, "I'll be fine Mads. I'm only taking Advil. Love you." He kissed the top of her head. She smiled and took his smell in, "love you too."
———————————————————————
"Tim?" Maddy called from the kitchen. "What do you wanna do today? We both have off.. which as you know, is rare as fuck— so I feel like we should do something..."

"Babe.." Tim replied with a chuckle. "I'm currently taking a piss, I'll be with you in one second."

"Oh sorry babe!" Maddy laughed back. She loved calling Tim 'babe'- it just felt so natural, like she was meant to. She hadn't even thought about Paul in a few months— given everything that happened, Maddy assumed that they just weren't meant to be together. She and Tim were. Paul and Maddy remained great friends, and saw each other regularly with no jealously or hard feelings.

"Hmm.. what to do today?" She heard Tim whisper as he suddenly wrapped her up in his arms. He lovingly kissed her behind the ear and took in her smell. "Blanton? Wildflower center? Ohh.. aquarium?!"

"Oh yes! I love the aquarium!" Maddy beamed as she turned in his grip. "And I know ours is accredited, so it's all good!"

"You're adorable.." Tim smiled as he planted a peck on her lips.
———————————————————————
"That was SO fun! I love aquariums!" Maddy was beaming as she clutched the stuffed sea otter that Tim bought her at the gift shop.

"Watching you in there made my day.. hell my week!" Tim smiled at her. "You're beautiful, truly. Do you know that?"

She looked up and smiled at her boyfriend, "I do now." She paused and pet her stuffed animal, "But.. what.. are.." her thought was interrupted before it formed.

"I consider you my girlfriend," he winked.

He grabbed her hand and walked a little ways before he stopped. "Ohh.. Madison Jean Briggs!" He dropped to both knees and Maddy lost it. "Will you.. be my girlfriend?" He threw his hands in the air and then clutched his heart.

"You're absolutely insane!" Maddy said through her hysterical laughter. "But of course." He jumped up and pulled her into a kiss as people around them cheered— it did look like a proposal after all.

Maddy and Tim kissed in the middle of the aquarium's parking lot and then laughed hysterically before they got in Tim's car to head home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yeah mom, hi. I'm so excited for you to meet her.. you're gonna love her! She's wonderful!"

"I'm happy for you Timothy! I can't wait to meet her either! I love you!"

"Ha, I love you too ma!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hi momma! Tim made it official today!"

"Oh that's wonderful sweetheart! I can't wait to meet this fellow!"

"Haha! I know mom.. soon! I love you."

"Love you too, my peach."