Bridge Over Troubled Waters

"I'm sorry again for earlier Maddy

"I'm sorry again for earlier Maddy. You know I love you so much." TK said again to Maddy before they crawled into bed.

"It's.. not okay that you talked to me that way, but I understand you were having a bad day, and I sympathize with that. And I appreciate your apology. I love YOU so much." Maddy replied as she poked his nose.
———————————————————————
'Hey Maddy. So I just found out that the 118 will be there this weekend for our training!' The text from Eddie read.

'Oh.. I won't be able to see you then. :( I'll be with TK and Carlos. But maybe when y'all are out here again!' Maddy replied.

'You're with them all weekend?'

'Saturday..'

'Okay. ;) we roll into town Thursday night.'

'Oh.. okay! Cool. I'll let you know!' Maddy sent as the last text in the exchange.

"Well shit..." Maddy said to Tex, who was grooming herself on the bed. "It's not that I don't wanna see Eddie... but I can't be with him, and then spend the night with Carlos and TK the next night.... they'd freak the fuck out."

*meow*

"I KNOW! Ugh.. And then we have Doctor Andrews.. I wish he'd get off his ass and ask me out already or something.."

*meoooowww*

"Exactly! Also.. good stretch girl! Alright.. I'm up." Maddy stretched and rolled over to crawl out of bed.
———————————————————————
"Oh, Maddy Briggs! There you are!"

"Yes, Doctor Andrews?" Maddy blushed ever so slightly when they made eye contact through her glasses, and above their masks.

"Well.. first, I know it's just been two months since you lost your boyfriend, so there is absolutely no pressure to say yes.." he cleared his throat. "But if you're not doing anything Saturday.. I'd love to take you out?"

Maddy was relieved she was wearing a mask; the doctor couldn't see her huge smile. "I'd like that!"

"Great! Heres my number, I'll call you with the details." He wrote his number down on a scratch pad, but then just asked for her phone so she wouldn't have to decipher his doctor writing unnecessarily.

Maddy put hers in his phone as well. The doctor walked down the hallway, and Maddy continued to smile giddily as she felt her phone vibrate from a call, "hello?"