The Untold Story of Texas and...

By pokemonshadowhunter

"It doesn't matter how far you run, the past will always catch up with you." Texas had long since left the da... More

Poised to Strike
Part 1: It Starts With Recruitment
Lappland and Courier
Meeting Doctor [Y/N]
When the Wolves Meet
A Piece of her Mind
Days of Forgotten Past 1
The Dormitory is Meant for Relaxation
Not Confrontation
The Night Hours
Mission Reprieve
Days of Forgotten Past 2
Just Call Me Crazy
Antics at Breakfast
Dream of You
Sparring Match
Days of Forgotten Past 3
Stupid Spiders
Wake Up Call
Crownslayer Bully Squad
Days of Forgotten Past 4
Raise a Glass
Overlooking Files
The Pain of Loneliness
Days of Forgotten Past 5
Trading Post Meltdown
Days of Forgotten Past 6
Doctor's Decision
Chained Together Wolves
Days of Forgotten Past 7
On the Road Again
Penguin Logistics Headquarters
The Emperor
Late Night, Sleep Tight
Days of Forgotten Past 8
Making Way
A Hug and A Gig
Days of Forgotten Past 9
Back Stage Pass
Performance to Remember
Stage Chaos
Days of Forgotten Past 10
Admissions of Guilt
Days of Forgotten Past 11
From Pain Comes Comfort
Danger on the Horizon
Journey Into the Heart of Trouble
Battle the Frost
Days of Forgotten Past 12
LAPPLAND NO!!!
The Heart of Texas
The Might of Sword Rain
Aftermath
The Way Back
Understanding Reached
Part 2: A Summary
Code of Brawl
A Wolf Walks into an Alley
Days of Remembrance 1
Confessions
Days of Remembrance 2
Trips and Kisses
Simping Time
Chaos in Lungmen
Who is Your Enemy?
Strange Warning
Days of Remembrance 3
What are Your Intentions?
What Went Wrong
Days of Remembrance 4
Embrace of a Loved One
Meetings and Then Some
Biting Letters
Keep Calm
Days of Remembrance 5
Preparations for Disaster?
Out on the Town
Calls, Lanterns and Flirts poorly timed
Days of Remembrance 6
Whispered Promises
Drunken Actions are Sober Thoughts
Days of Remembrance 7
Crying, Contemplation, Carnage
Pressure
Pushing Down on Me
Truth Comes Out
Days of Remembrance 8
Parting Arguments (also T & D)
Travel Across the Land (plus Deleted Scene)
Searching Far and Wide
Days of Remembrance 9
Fog Shrouded Woods
Chilling Reflection
Days of Remembrance 10
Coming Home
Something's Not Quite Right
The Missing
The Mafia Council
Impossible
Shock and Runaway
The Past Bleeds into the Present

Reunited

1.4K 41 20
By pokemonshadowhunter

A/N: Now I might be confused but if I'm understanding chapter 7 correctly then it takes place two weeks after doctor was rescued from Chernobog? Or maybe that's how long Rhodes Island has been working on recovering his/her memory. Either way, the timeline for this game can be a bit whack.

*********

Exusiai stared at Mostima. There was a saying that a picture was worth a thousand words. She had always found the saying to be nonsense. A picture of a brick wall wouldn't garner a thousand words, nor would one of a simple tree. But perhaps a face like Mostima's could hold up to the standard. So many emotions passed on the impassive crevices in her face, the downturn of lips and the narrowing of eyes as they flashed with some murky emotion. Exusiai could spend all day trying to figure out the mystery of all Mostima hid. The longer the two knew each other, the more secrets the fallen Angel seemed to garner. It was the exact opposite for Exusiai, who wore her heart on her sleeve. A sense of danger was in the air. Not sourced by them, though she knew all of them were capable of chaos, but of something soon to approach.

"Emperor. What brings you here?" She found herself asking.

Their Boss came to stand two feet back from the flames, the flickering light dancing in his sunglasses. It was odd to see someone who had just had an attempt on his life a few hours prior act so calm and collected, but Emperor still managed anyways.

"I don't know what plans you two had," a flipper gesture at Suffering and Mostima, "but I'll have to strongly recommend you post-pone them for now."

Suffering growled. "We can't just—"

Mostima sighed. "There's new trouble a foot, isn't there?"

Exusiai straightened up on the ground, trying to keep as composed as she could for this too. The night had been so tiring though, so her eyelids felt heavy. She gnawed on her lower lip, not daring to ask the thousands of questions bubbling up to her lips.

"Do you even have to ask. I'll have to apologize to your superiors later," he directed at Suffering, who was still scowling. "But right now it's best we all head back inside. Nothing good comes from talking about business in the open."

And no one could disagree to that notion. So the four of them headed back indoors to discuss the newest issue at hand.

******

Outside the city parameters the two brothers sat, gasping for air. The chill was so sharp it stabbed at beaten lungs, making it all the harder to breathe. But the pain, well, the pain was all the worse. It stung like sweat getting into eyes, like bruises pressed down upon by sharp heels. With a crooked smile they were stared down at. It was all they could see of the face of their associate. Everything else was hidden in the shadows of the robe they wore. On the way out of the city, the two brothers had spotted more than one person who looked similar to their business partner. The hats they'd worn and their varying sizes were what made the difference along with the weapons they bore.

But it hardly mattered now.

Outside of one of the many sewage drains they wallowed in filth.

Blood mixed with murky waters.

"You failed."

The voice, the annoyed tone. It spelled nothing good.

"It's not our fault!" The smaller attempted to protest. "There were so many things we didn't know! So many things you failed to warn us about!"

The robed figure shook its head. "I shouldn't have had to. You both told me you were plenty capable of handling anything. Apparently that was a lie."

"We didn't want to fail." The bigger Sicilian admitted. "But like my brother said, everything went sideways, not to mention the target prevented us from evening the odds."

The smaller wolf snarled. "That little bi**h. The next time I see her she'll pay with her life."

"You'll have to get in line." The bigger wolf grunted.

A ripple from the scar on his face occurred as his fangs were bared. That little she wolf had gotten in the way one too many times. He could still remember the gleaming gold of her weapon, the way she held him back with such ease. It enraged him all the more. They had failed their mission. Failed miserably. It was an insult of the worst kind to his dignity and pride.

And undoubtedly their father would've felt the same.

******

Flashback . . .

Doctor Y/N supposed if they'd ever had stranger company, it would have been before the memory loss. As it was, hunkered down beneath rubble of a building that likely should've went down a long, long time ago, there was no telling who would find them first. So, Y/N kept near FrostNova, the two of them close in the small space. But not touching. No touching at all, lest she freeze me to death on accident. This was something the bunny woman had made abundantly clear several times over. And Y/N had asked curiously, more than once.

"So you really can't have anyone touch you at all?" That must be terrible.

"No. I can't. So stop asking."

FrostNova sighed for what was likely the tenth time in the minutes since they'd met in this trapped pocket of space. Y/N froze up whenever a pebble seemed to fall from somewhere nearby, wondering if the unearthing process would end up making everything worse. Dying trapped in a place like this was no way to go. Good thing there are two teams looking for us, but I don't like my chances if . . . No. Y/N wasn't about to finish this trail of thought.

Because thinking that way would just be terrible.

Have faith in Amiya. She won't let us down.

But whether or not this was true had yet to be seen. They were already slowly dwindling in the numbers they had with them. Penguin Logistics had left just as quickly as they came, right on cue with Blaze's arrival. Y/N knew it was for the best, and hoped Lappland and Exusiai would turn out alright. One of the healers had went with them —Ptilopsis— if Y/N recalled correctly. The usually mechanical sounding operator had been full of concern for the white wolf, asking to go with the small group. Amiya granted the request easily enough, and Y/N had encouraged it with a tight smile. Ptilopsis was one of the best healers on their squad, probably one of the best Rhodes Island had to offer. It could be detrimental for their rescue squad. But surely Silence would fill the gap till they got back.

If we get back . . . no, when we get back.

There was a whole other list of problems to deal with above ground. Something was happening in Lungmen, Ch'en was still AWOL, Kal'tsit was probably still mad at Y/N — for what, they had no idea— and that was a whole different level of awkward, and then there was all of Reunion to keep Rhodes Island on their toes.

"I'm sorry if I annoyed you. I just . . . I can't help but feel . . ."

"I don't want your pity. Doctor of Rhodes Island. If that's what you're offering with this conversation I suggest you keep your mouth shut." FrostNova snapped.

"Okay. I wasn't trying to suggest that, but I am sorry for making you think I did."

"Hmm. I suppose I accept your apology." She murmured.

Y/N didn't see where the rigid bunny got off acting so brusque, but it was best to let it slide, lest another argument start up. So there was a change in topics, starting with whatever came to mind first. "So Patriot is your Father."

"Yes, or the closest equivalent to one I can remember." FrostNova's exhale came out as a chilled puff of air, the small white cloud like a puff of dust kicked up by the wind. A few of those spicy candies rested in her open palms. Y/N still didn't know where all the pockets were she retrieved them out of. The ragged design of the ends of her cloak didn't seem to allude to multiple pockets, yet the candies kept on coming. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. Just was looking for something to talk about. You two are close then?" Wonder where he is now. If he really is Talulah's number two then shouldn't we have seen him back in Chernobog during the Catastrophe?

"Yes. Close doesn't begin to describe how the old man and I are."

"You're family."

"Mhhhmm. In this miserable world, family is the most important thing we have. My brothers and sisters, my father . . . all I want is for us to live in peace." She explained.

Doctor Y/N frowned, perplexed. "Then why join Reunion?" You must know Talulah won't bring about peace. There were plenty of things incomprehensible about FrostNova, but this was the biggest one of all. Someone as smart as her shouldn't have been a part of an organization like Reunion, not if this was her goal. Is there more to the story?

"I don't know your impressions of her, but there was a time when Talulah held my ideals. Where she too wanted peace." FrostNova told Y/N.

"And now?"

Silence was Y/N's answer. It was long and winding, not unlike an endless river that led to an even deeper ocean. There were so many things up in the air. The cold chill of their small shared space became more intense, Y/N shuddered, wrapping their arms around their torso to attempt to conserve body heat.

And then . . .

"Enough about that. What about you? Why are you a member of Rhodes Island?"

Whether or not this was meant to be a diversion, Y/N played along. There really was no point in lying, especially to someone you were attempting to understand. So Y/N shifted in place, readying for what may come off as a strange confession.

"I don't know how much you know about me . . . but my past, well, it's something that eludes me." Y/N began.

"Elaborate for me. Are you saying . . . no. That couldn't be it." FrostNova was frowning, torn between a possibility and something else entirely.

"If you're thinking what I think you are then yes, I have amnesia. I probably shouldn't have told you as much but, I don't see the harm."

"That's, that's so . . . bizarre. The way you commanded on the battlefield. You clearly have experience." More shuddering was heard overhead, making them both look up. It stilled all too quickly, returning the pair back to the conversation.

"What little I do know from my past is that I was a Doctor researching a cure for Oripathy, and that I was a commander for Rhodes Island. I don't have memories of either, but I know how to use my latter skill set effectively enough to be kept around. Though Kal'tsit still doesn't like me much." Y/N tried to joke at the end, but it fell flat with the lack of recognition on FrostNova's part. Guess not everyone knows Kal'tsit then. Interesting. Where memory failed feeling out this strange world seemed to work.

"Huh. You really are a strange one then. How does one simply forget everything from their past?" FrostNova asked. For once she sounded genuinely curious.

Y/N shrugged. "Beats me. If I knew then maybe Rhodes Island would've been able to help me regain my memories by now. But . . ."

"But what?"

"Something tells me that not everything I forgot was good. What'll happen to me once I remember?"

It was a little odd to be voicing these concerns out loud, to a Reunion commander no less, but Y/N did it anyways. Might as well get everything out in the open. And it felt nice, speaking about something that had left Y/N concerned. The past was filled with many memories for most, but for Y/N it was a blank canvas. And no matter how they felt things were familiar, in the end it all faded it away. There was nothing at all.

"I think I understand what your saying, and you're right when you say I don't know you very well but . . . you don't need to be afraid of the past."

Y/N's head tilted, showing attentiveness to FrostNova's words.

"What makes you say that?" Y/N asked.

"Because while the past tends to form who we are, it's our actions in the present which determine what we belief and what ideals we follow. And in your case, what you do now is far more important than anything which cannot be changed."

Said so simply, so easily, left Y/N stunned. There was truth to FrostNova's words. And a newfound warmth burned within. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"For saying that, it means a lot."

"Don't mention it."

Another silence, this one less intense. The earth rattled as rubble shifted in the smallest of increments. After measuring them out, Y/N figured it wouldn't be long until someone found them.

So it was time to ask one final question.

It was a stretch, but it would be worth it with the outcome Y/N had in mind.

******

Their associate was pressing a blade to both of their throats, wicked smile intact even as his tongue poked out to wet his lips. The sharp canines this action revealed were stained red. It was hard not to think of the implications of that, and the sliver of black on his tongue. They had seen it too many times before. Capone swallowed down the lump of fear while Gambino kept growling lowly in defiance. That was one thing their father taught them years ago: never show fear. The younger of the two thought him to be a fool. Fear could give your enemy an edge against you, this was true, but . . .

It could also keep you alive.

Case in point.

"If you keep growling like that I'll cut your head off in one fell swoop. I'm very capable of it." Their associate murmured, expression returning to a murderous smile. It was reminiscent of a creepy doll's in horror movies.

Capone let his wolf ears press against his skull, neck exposed in submission. He gestured for Gambino to do the same. But the growling kept coming, spittle flecking around the corners of his mouth with the spurted backtalk.

"If we could just get her alone it would've been easier. Taking over the city afterwards should have been doable after that." Gambino rumbled.

"Yes, yes, I know. If only it had been easier, then for sure you could've done it." Those words dripped with sarcasm.

And then there was a small trickle of blood. With an appropriate gesture, Gambino winced, the rumbling coming to a stop. The shadowed figure only moved his left hand just the slightest angle, causing damage so simply. Once again Capone's eyes caught on the style of this blade. The color of it was dull in comparison yet . . . there was no mistaking where this weapon came. He also knew where the person in question was from too.

But why would this person have her as a target?

Neither of them were ever given the chance to ask why. And maybe this was their biggest mistake. Because an employee should ask this question. Capone learned this from experience. So had Gambino. They were alike in this sense.

"We're terribly sorry for failing you Sir." Another problem. No name to address him by. Well, that wasn't entirely true. The name they were given was strange however.

Because what nut job called themselves Alpha nowadays?

"As you should be." Alpha nodded, grip slackening minimally, just enough for Capone to safely steal another breath into his battered lungs. "So tell me, what do you plan to do to right your wrongs. And don't dare call her a bi**h. I've been patient with you once, but next time you'll be headless, understood?"

"Yes," Gambino said begrudgingly. "We understand."

"Yes Sir." Capone murmured.

After everything they did just to escape the city, he didn't plan on dying here, with his brother no less. This was a time for recuperation and new plans. Though it hardly seemed plausible they could try again. Everyone who went with them was either dead or still in Lungmen. And going back to Siracusa definitely was out of the cards. She was waiting for them there, and she would have even less mercy once she got her hands on them. Sentencing was long overdue.

So he would grovel and beg, whatever it took to keep him alive.

"Good. Now tell me."

Gambino and Capone shared a glance, not sure where to begin. Yellow eyes flecked with blue shone out from beneath the hood. Those swords still held a deadly power, as did his words.

"We're not sure. Something tells me saying 'we'll try harder next time' won't fly with you." Capone murmured, biting his lower lip.

"For once one of you says something smart. Well, if you don't have anything better to say then just listen to me. It's what we should've done all along after all. My plans never fail." He murmured.

"Never?" Sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure there.

His brother must've thought the same, wolf ears swiveling in befuddlement. But at least Gambino had the intelligence to keep quiet, not further the annoyance building up in their associate.

"Never." The hooded figure affirmed. "Now as I was saying, if you do as I say then she won't know what hit her. And Penguin Logistics will be none the wiser."

And indeed, what this man had in mind sounded promising for sure. Capone kept his questions out of the matter, their friend's beef with the biggest known pack of Columbia could be figured out some other time. For now it was the perfect opportunity to make some money and get another chance at starting over.

******

Up on the roof all by her lonesome, Texas finally gave herself the chance to breathe. With the weather getting colder and all the chaos in Lungmen, she found herself doubting the likelihood of getting a decent night's rest. Over the years she had grown used to the intrusive noise of the city. It rolled out of her ears like water off a duck's back fading into obscure nothingness when she closed her eyes. It was a far cry from how she had been when she first arrived. Lappland's reaction to the big city was akin to her own. The wide eyed stare and gaping mouth. She tried not to look at the white wolf during that less than pleasant car ride, but it was practically impossible. Even on bad terms Texas still found herself drawn to Lappland.

And now that they were back together . . .

The yearning continued to grow, refusing to keep itself contained.

Unbidden, she found herself stepping up to the railing. Her hands grasped the cold railing tightly, the small burst of freezing energy to ground her in one place. Texas's tail curled up around her left leg. Some habits died hard, and that low feeling of comfort remained, like when her mother would sing her to sleep.

Sighing, Texas tilted her head back and let out a howl.

HOWWWWWWL

It reverberated in her chest, heart thumping in time with pulse of sensation. Whenever she had missed home, this was one of the things she liked to do. Going up to the roof to howl felt like a private space all to herself. No one disturbed her here, and with their building being so tall none of the surrounding buildings saw her either. And it was nice. Because a part of the reason she had been so keen on leaving Columbia in the first place was for a chance to go unnoticed for the while, to not have those constant expectations forced on her. Here she could grow and learn at her own pace.

Though she did get lonely sometimes.

And for that there was no real cure.

The necklace she wore absorbed the cold, but it was balanced by the object in her pocket. It burned a hole there, to the point where her eyes wanted to water. The object carried no physical heat though, the sensation a fabrication of the mind.

It had been so long . . .

Maybe that was why she was feeling nostalgic?

When her howl petered off, Texas clutched at the necklace, ears drooping. When are you coming back? I miss you.

And then the life was almost startled out of her, when her howl was returned.

HOOOWL

"Silly Texas, don't you know its inappropriate to howl alone?"

There was only one person who would know such a fact. Texas spun around, letting go of the necklace. It jumped free from the confines of her shirt and jacket, hanging down right near her heart. The moonlight caught it, providing an ethereal glow. Lappland was standing not even five feet away. She looked just as she had before they left for the Chernobog ruins, her silver eyes twinkling with mirth. Her prized blades were sheathed in holsters on her back, the odd protractor like design being very inconspicuous.

"Lappland!"

"Gah!"

She wasted no time lunging at her girlfriend. Texas held her in a tight grip, breathing in all the scents she missed in their time apart. Lappland chuckled as she did so, but thankfully let her indulge in the scenting. Craning her neck down, Texas took her time pressing her nose to exposed skin. The smell of wilderness mixed with antiseptic made her nose wrinkle, but she persisted, moving up from the upper chest to the junction in Lappland's throat. Bared for her, just for her, it was the perfect place to sink in her teeth. Hers to mark. Hers. It was commonplace for wolves scent mark after long absences. Mated wolves. And when this thought came to mind she was pulling back abruptly, face turning red. What was I thinking?

"Why pull back so soon. You were just getting to the good part?" Lappland asked teasingly.

Texas huffed, spewing a white puff of air. "I suspect you already know. Don't tease me."

"I wasn't! I wasssssn't!" Lappland raised her hands up in defense.

Lies. All lies.

They were still in each other's space, breath intermingling. Texas knew why Lappland was smirking, why her white tail was wagging so gleefully. Had she really missed the other that much to lead her to acting so instinctually? She tried to give herself some credit, it had been a very long night after all, dealing with enemies from the past. So Texas did her best to let it slide.

"Sure you weren't. Good to see you're back in one piece." She murmured.

Lappland grinned. "It's good to be back. It took me a moment to find you. Croissant said you might be up on the roof."

It was only then that Texas picked up another scent hanging in the air. It was flushed out by the poignant mix of slush and rainwater, but it was there. Rustic, metallic, the kind of thing to make weaker guts churn. In her excitement, she had almost missed it entirely.

"Why do you smell like blood?"

Texas regretted taking the smile away from Lappland, but this was important.

Lappland stared at her boots knowingly before meeting her gaze. "Its not mine."

"I figured as much. Whose is it?"

"Its best we have this conversation inside. I know I'd be fine, but you look pretty tired Tex."

And on a normal day she might have argued this, might have shook her head and gave a firm no. But seeing Lappland observe every inch of her, likely taking in all the stress she was oozing out while the scent marking was taking place. Because the exchange of scents was also the exchange of emotions. So she had felt the edged concern buried beneath all of the happiness.

Concern for her.

And Lappland was one of the few people she rarely could say no to.

Tonight wasn't one of those nights.

"Alright. My room, now."

"Oooo Texas, I never knew you to be so forward."

"Lappland!"

*********

A/N: I did not expect for there to be that little scent marking scene. Not at first hehe. But it sort of just popped into my head and I went with it! So I hope you guys liked it. There maybe some kissing next chapter 👀 (just something to look forward to). I wish everyone the best of luck with their W pulls (and Weedy too, or is it Wendy lol). Don't forget to vote and comment! Love to hear everyone's theories! Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 13.9K 97
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
382K 14.4K 44
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
132K 4.6K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
883K 20K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.