bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²

60.9K 2.4K 4K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
forty-five
tw: abuse

THE TAPPING OF TALONS ON GLASS caused the Blacks to look up from their breakfast and towards the window.

Two large owls were sat on the windowsill that was covered in moss and cracked paint. Their feathers as white as newly lain snow, their eyes as yellow as amber shining in the sun.

One was carrying two letters, and the other one only one. Cassie's eyes widened as she realised what was in one of the letters.

Her O.W.L. results.

Her heart began to drum loudly in her ears, her breathing speeding up as her mind focused on that letter and that letter only.

Oh shit.

She wasn't worried about her marks, no, she expected to do good in all her subjects, apart from Transfiguration if she was being honest. It was the lessons on that paper she was worried about.

"Get the mail Cassiopeia." Walburga spoke up, turning back to her plate of bacon, egg and beans.

Cassies head snapped towards her mother, and her mind began to race more and more.

With legs feeling like jelly, the girl stood up and walked over to the window, opening it and taking the letters off of the owls. Trying to quickly hide the one with her results behined her back, however her father saw.

"Bring all three letters here now Cassiopeia."

Cassie stared down at the letters , all three of them shaking quickly as she held them in her unsteady hands.

"I won't ask again." Orions voice was firm, and Cassie looked up at him beofre nodding, taking a deep breath as she stepped back towards the table.

Orion snatched the letters off his daughter, going through them all before he saw the one he wanted to open, throwing the other two down onto the table.

He ran his finger under the wax seal of the letter, some of the yellow parchment ripping as he lifted the seal up.

He pulled out the papers from inside the envelope, throwing one of them down onto the table without a second look.

Cassies heart was beating loudly in her ears. Her hands shaking as if they would drop off if they stopped, her breathing speeding up as he father read the letter.

Orion nodded curtly at the first few words written on the parchment, frowning as he looked at one of them, before nodding again. When he reached the bottom of the page he froze.

No nod. No frown.

He just held the letter in his hand, his eyes focused on only one of the words.

"What is it Orion?" Walburga asked, putting down her knife and fork and turning to look at her husband.

Orion looked up at Cassie.

"Get to your room right now." His voice was brittle, dripping with venom. He spat each word at his daughter, his tone not leaving any room for argument.

Cassie looked down, she knew that opening her mouth now would not be a good idea. So she only nodded, before slowly making her way out of the room, her head hung low in fear.

She didn't want to meet her fathers cold gaze, it was like he was medusa and would turn her to stone with one glance.

Regulus stared as his sister left the room. Staring at the door that closed after her in confusion, out of the corner of his eye he saw his father pass the letter to his mother, a look of pure anger on his face.

Regulus hadn't seen him this angry since Sirius had left the summer before.

"That bitch." Walburga spat, throwing the letter down face up on the table, it landed a few inches away from Regulus, but he knew better than to read it with the two of them right there.

"When will she learn." Walburga continued, pushing her chair back and slamming her plate down on the table so it smashed. A hundred pieces of porcelain littering the table.

Regulus didn't jump.

But he did stare at the pieces of porcelain, trying his hardest not to let the single tear he felt swimming in his eye fall.

You're going to break your children as easily as you did that plate soon, mother.

He thought.

Orion stood up aswell, throwing the napkin on his lap down onto his plate.

"Rosier will sort her out." He said.

"Rosier won't want to take her if she is like this." Walburga hissed, gesturing to the parchment.

Orion nodded, looking at his wife. His eyes darted over to Regulus.

"Lets have this talk in private." He said, walking out of the room, Walburga followed after, the door slamming behind the two of them.

Regulus quickly looked over at the letter, not daring to touch it incase his parents realised. He gulped, his addams apple bobbing up and down as he read the final line.

"Oh Cassie." He whispered, shaking his head, eyes still scanning over the parchment. "What have you done?"

Ancient Runes - O
Astronomy - O
Care of Magical Creatures - O
Charms - O
Defence Against The Dark Arts - O
Herbology - E
Potions - O
Transfiguration - E
Muggle Studdies - O

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James and Sirius were laying in James' room, large bowls of ice-cream infront of both of them. Topped with every topping under the sun and a can of whipped cream each.

Euphemia had made the two boys the bowls after seeing their owl results, over the moon with the marks both of the boys got. Fleamont had given them both hugs, congratulating both of them before rushing out to get something.

"I wonder how Cassie did." Sirius said, spooning more ice-cream into his mouth and letting the substance melt on his tongue.

"Probably amazing." James said, smiling at the thought of the girl. They had talked once more since the night when James realised he loved her.

"I mean, she is Cassie." Sirius looked up at James, before throwing his spoon at the other boy, then frowning.

"Can I have my spoon back?" Sirius asked, and James sat up.

"No."

"How rude."

"You're the one who threw the fucking spoon at me." James raised his eyebrow at Sirius who shrugged.

"And now you won't give it back. Two wrongs don't make a right Prongsie." Sirius pouted, and James looked away.

"Don't do that." He said, closing his eyes tightly and turning back to face Sirius.

"Do what?" Sirius asked, dragging out the letter 'a' as he spoke.

"That face, you know you always win with that face-"

"That's why I do it you dipshit."

James rolled his eyes, even though they were closed.

"Thats why I'm not going to let you win this time." He opened one eye and hit Sirius on the head with the spoon.

"You're so mean." Sirius turned away from the boy.

James opened his mouth to reply when the sound of a door slamming came from somewhere nearby.

The two boys turned to eachother in confusion. Before James looked towards the mirror resting on his pillow, it was showing the bottom of Cassies bed, a teddy's leg just in the picture, dust all around it.

"How dare you." A sharp voice said, and Sirius instantly froze. He hadn't heard his fathers voice since the night he left, and now here it was again. Saying the exact same words he had spoke to him.

"How dare you." Orion put emphasis on the word, they heard steps coming closer to the place where the mirror was.

The two boys shared a look, Sirius slowly getting up to lock James door, making sure that neither Fleamont or Euphemia would enter and make a noise.

James and Sirius sat in silence as Cassies voice spoke, but it was inaudible for the two boys. But it wasn't inaudible for Orion who let out a hollow laugh.

"You took the subject to make fun of them?" He spoke, quoting what Cassie had said seconds before.

"I'm not stupid you bitch." James and Sirius winced as they heard the sound of skin meeting skin echo throughout the room.

"It's my life!" They heard Cassie yell, and Sirius mentally face palmed, he knew then that she had pushed his patience too far, even if she only said three words — it was three words too many.

They heard Cassie let out a gasp as the sound of another slap sounded throughout the room.

"And you're my daughter-"

"Then act like you're my father!"

Cassie began to let out small whimpers as the steps towards the bed became heavier as another pair of feet joined Orions.

"You need to be taught a lesson." Orion spoke, his tone once again full of venom as he said the words.

It sent shivers down James' spine.

The door to Cassies room slam shut, and the two boys looked at eachother again.

They both gulped, worried for the girl and wanting to help, but knowing they couldn't.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HELLO,
DID YOU MISS ME?

TWO CHAPTERS IN TWO
DAYS - WHO AM I?

I NOW HAVE TO GO
AND DO MY SPANISH
HOMEWORK THAT IS DUE IN
TMR, WISH ME LUCK (:

ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU
ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER :
THE CASSIE AND MUGGLE STUDDIES IDEA HAS BEEN AROUND
FOR AWHILE, AND WILL BE
A BIG PART IN THE 2ND BOOK.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT
YOU THOUGHT AS IT WILL
HELP ME IMPROVE :))

AND UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 638 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...
377K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...
26.9K 1.1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
36.8K 1K 41
"π‘π‡πˆπ€πππŽπ π‘πˆππ†π’ π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ†π‡π“, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π–πŽπ”π‹πƒπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” π‹πŽπ•π„ π“πŽ π‹πŽπ•π„ 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...