bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

forty-one

61.7K 2.5K 3.9K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
forty-one

"JAMES POTTER, YOU LITTLE SHIT-
I mean, you little ray of sunshine!" Sirius exclaimed as he stood in the doorway, leading into the kitchen in Potter Manor.

His hair was a mess, sticking up in all directions above his head, showing that he had just woken up. His pyjamas bottoms hanging rather low on his hips, a pair of bright red fluffy socks on his feet clashing with the blue of his bottoms.

Sirius' voice was husky, his throat rather horse as his eyes widened, looking at the kitchen table, where all three Potters sat.

James let out a small laugh as he let out a wolf-whistle, making his parents look at him oddly.

"We didn't know you were gay James." Euphemia Potter joked with a warm smile on her face as she stood up, offering her chair to Sirius, who was laughing so hard he needed the chair to support him.

James shook his head, rolling his eyes at his mum as his dad placed a hand on his shoulder.

"That's because I'm not-" James began, only to be interrupted by his dad.

"You know we'll support you whatever son."

"I'm not gay!" He exclaimed, shaking his head again, glaring daggers at a still laughing Sirius.

"I hope not." Sirius said, taking deep breaths trying to calm himself down, thanking Euphemia as she put a plate of pancakes down infront of him.

"Otherwise you'd have to explain why you began dating my sister."

Sirius ducked as James threw his slipper at the him.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie stood infront of the bathroom mirror that was layered in dust and dirt. The glass still cracked from when Sirius had punched it years before.

Silent tears fell down her face as she stared at her reflection, the one so different than she had seen only days before.

One of her eyes was almost swollen shut, blood that had dried on her eyelid now mixing with her tears creating red tracks running down her face. Her bottom lip was swollen and throbbing, the blood-vessles in it threatening to burst any second.

Her whole body ached with any form of movement, her chest feeling as if was going to burst each time she took a breath. Her arms and legs were littered with bruises, some large and some small, but all of them hurting when she accidentally touched or knocked them.

Her hair was unkempt, knotted with blood and dirt, impossible to get a comb through. Large bags took up the skin underneath her eyes, making her look as if she hadn't slept in years, and that's what it felt like.

Her once dreamless sleep was now filled with nightmares. The girl hated her mind for coming up with such awful things that woke her up in the middle of the night; her body covered in a layer of cold sweat, her teeth chattering despite the hot air that was coming in through her open windows.

Her body would be shaking, aching for some form of physical contact that she had gotten so used to. Hugs from Lily when things got to tough and she felt like breaking down, the ginger girl just knowing when she needed a hug rather than someone asking her to talk about the battles going on in her mind. Marlene giving the girl piggy-back rides around the school, the two of them laughing like mad men as they dodged students coming from class. The way Cassie would braid Alices hair as the Gryffindor read all these muggle novels to the girl, introducing her to a whole new world of literature that she couldn't wait to explore. She missed the way Sirius would lay his head on her lap as the two of them talked about absolutely anything, not caring where the topics led as they just enjoyed being in his company.

She missed James.

She missed his messy hair, that she would always mock, but secretly she loved it. The way his glasses were never straight on his nose, making her smile everyday when she saw him, leaning in to fix them and giving him a small kiss at the same time. She missed the way that he would wrap his arm around her waist, pulling her close to him as they sat down in the Gryffindor common room (James giving anyone who gave the Slytherin a dirty look a glare) She missed the way he would never think twice, doing whatever first came to his mind, no matter how big the consequences. She missed how his hand fit perfectly in hers, the way their fingers entwined as they walked down the corridors of the schools. But mostly, she missed the way that he made her feel. The smile that would plaster itself on her face as she saw him walking towards her, the butterflies that still showed up in her stomach each time James called her love.

But James wasn't here. None of them were.

She had to deal with this alone.

With shaking hands, Cassie picked up a clump of her hair, and then she picked up the pair of scissors resting on the edge of the sink.

She took a deep breath, opening the blades of the scissors and placing the handful of hair between them.

Without a second thought, she quickly brought the blades of the scissors back together, large strands of her almost waist-length hair falling to the floor.

Cassie let out a small laugh as she looked at the hair on the floor, and then the hair that was still in her hand.

She rose the scissors again, and got cutting.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"She's amazing mum." James said, sitting forwards in his seat on the sofa as he talked excitedly to his parents.

Fleamont and Euphemia watched as their son talked about his girlfriend, matching smiles on both of their faces as they loved seeing him this happy.

They couldn't get him to shut up about the girl, not that they wanted to. The way his eyes lit up as he remember some other detail about her, not waiting to finish what he was saying before adding in more random facts. Even some facts that his parents didn't need to know:

"When she's on her period, she always craves strawberries."

Sirius had left the room after that, not wanting to heat anymore about his sister, and someone he considered to be his brother, dating.

He had left the room with his hands pressed tightly over his ears as he yelled the words to a Queen song, not stopping until he was up the stairs and a safe distance away from a swooning James.

"You'll love her, honestly." James said, taking a breath and looking up at his parents, his smile wide and toothy.

"She sounds amazing James, honestly." Fleamont spoke up after a few seconds, making sure that James had finished speaking this time.

"We can't wait to meet her." Euphemia added, standing up and walking over to her son. She placed both of her hands on either of his shoulders.

"I love seeing you this happy James." She whispered, pulling him in for a hug.

Fleamont let out a chuckle as he too stood up, walking over to his wife.

"Family hug!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around the two of them, kissing his wifes cheek.

James pushed his parents away from him and rushed to the bottom of the stairs, where he put his hands around his mouth and yelled.

"Oi, Black!"

"The fuck- I mean fudge do you want sister kisser?" Sirius yelled back, his head appearing over the banister, his toothbrush in his mouth.

"It's a family hug you dipshit, get down here!"

James let out a chuckle as Sirius placed a leg either side of the banister and slid down it, his toothbrush still in his mouth and a piece of paper in one of his hands.

"Fuck, that shit hurts." He said, looking at the way his arms now had red marks lining them, but he only shrugged as he ran past James and into the Potter Manor living room.

"What are you waiting for Prongs?" Sirius asked, his head popping around the door as he sent James a smile.

James rolled his eyes as he followed Sirius into the living room, joining in on the family hug.

They must have stayed there for a few minutes, before Sirius chirped up.

"As much as I love these family hugs, and they should definitely happen more often." He said with a smile, as Euphemia and Fleamont let go of the two boys and took a few steps back.

"I thought you may like to see a picture of-" he gulped- "James girlfriend." He pulled a disgusted face as he turned away for a second.

"This must be incest?" He asked no-one in particular, turning back around and handing Euphemia the piece of paper.

She unfolded it, smiling as she saw the moving picture of Cassie. She looked up at James.

"She's beautiful James." Euphemia passed the paper to Fleamont, who smiled down at it.

James furrowed his eyebrows together as he caught a glimpse of the paper.

"When did you take that?" He asked Sirius, his head gesturing towards the picture.

It was a picture of him and Cassie, the dark-haired girl laughing as she pointed her wand at the goblet infront of herself, her mouth moving saying some words that James knew then weren't the actual spell.

He was staring at her, a smile on his face as he was obviously trying to suppress his laugh, his face turning more and more red as the picture continued to move.

It wasn't hard to tell from the picture that James Potter was in love with the girl. The way he looked at her said everything he wasn't yet ready to say.

"Just before Valentines day."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HELLO
IT'S ME, AGAIN
I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER
IS KINDA LATE TODAY,
I WAS VERY LOST ON HOW
TO BEGIN IT, BUT WHEN I STARTED
WRITING IT, I COULDN'T STOP-

I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED
THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY VERY PROUD OF IT!

CASSIE MY POOR BBY

AND JAMES, MY LOVESICK
PUPPY 🥺🥺

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU
THOUGHT AS YOUR FEEDBACK
HELPS ME IMPROVE (:

AND UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 119K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
871K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
52.4K 1.7K 26
|| REWRITING || Clara Potter has always been much more serious than her mischievous younger brother and his unruly band of friends. For much of their...
731K 22.2K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...