bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

thirty

75.1K 3K 6.9K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
thirty
tw: abuse

THE FEELING OF A THOUSAND  needles bursting into her skin made her scream out in pain.

But she couldn't move, she couldn't stop it, she just had to lay there and face the pain.

It was unbearable, as if ants were crawling around underneath her skin, trying to force their way up to the surface by chewing every inch of her body.

The pain stopped just as quickly as it had begun, and her breathing was heavy. Sweat dripping down her forehead and her back. She gulped for air as she sat up, tears brimming in the corners of her eyes, but she wouldn't let them fall, not again...

Her light eyes widened as she saw who was sitting in front of her, his wand rasied high in the air, a sick smirk on his face as he stared down at her. His messy hair pushed back with tonnes of gel, that reflected the candle light above his head. His glasses were no longer askew on his nose, and his eyes stared down at her with hatred, the normal shine that was in them, no-where to be seen.

"J-James?" Her voice cracked as she spoke, and her throat hurt with every word. She couldn't believe her eyes, and the tears that she tried so hard to stop from falling, began to fall, and once they had begun, she felt as if she couldn't stop.

James began to laugh, his laugh was harsh, the usual comforting feeling she got when she heard it, replaced by a feeling of of fear, which quickly made her scoot as far away from the boy as she could. Which wasn't very far before her back hit the solid wall behind her.

James only narrowed his eyebrows, looking down at her. He quickly spat near her feet, and she jumped slightly as he kneeled down in front of her.

"Cassiopeia, Cassiopeia, Cassiopeia." He tutted, shaking his head quickly, with every time he said her name. His voice was brittle, and it sent shivers down her spine. It sounded so much like the voices that she heard at every Pure-blood Ball and Party.

"You should know darling, that your actions have consequences." He began to laugh again, the harshness of it like knives in the air.

"J-James, please." Cassie sobbed, her face covered in tears and snot as she did so, but James only laughed harder, standing up and turning around, without another beat, he quickly turned around again, his wand pointed at Cassie. He stared her in the eyes as he waved his wand, yelling.

"CRUCIO!"

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"Cassie!" 

The dark-haired girl awoke with a start, a layer of cold sweat covering her body. She let out a small groan as she sat up, rubbing her eyes, and looking around the room.

"What time is it?" She asked the person who had woken her up, she heard the sound of footsteps on the floor, before the same voice whispered.

"Four Thirty am." That was when the voice registered in Cassie's brain, and she looked besides her, to see Nova standing there, her blonde hair tied into two plaits either side of her head. She had dark circles under her eyes, and a large frown on her lips. It was the first time Cassie had looked at her properly in weeks, and she looked exhausted.

But right now, Cassie didn't care about that, the two of them weren't friends anymore, Nova had made that perfectly clear when she chose a boy over their friendship.

"Are- Are you alright?" Nova asked, her voice slightly shaky as she watched Cassie narrowed her eyes and lay back down, facing away from the other Slytherin.

"I'm fine."

Nova nodded, not that Cassie could see that, and pouted slightly as she got back into her own bed.

After a few minutes, Novas breathing became shallow, and leveled out, telling Cassie she had fallen asleep.

But the Cassie didn't sleep another wink that night, instead she spent the whole night convincing herself that James wouldn't do that, and that it was just a dream, no matter how real it seemed.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James and Cassie were sitting next to each other in the library, two different books open in front of them. Cassie was reading over her potions book, while James was reading his Charms.

Cassie was once again squinting at the words on the page, all of them merging into one large blur of words. Every now and again, one word would stand out, but it would normally just be around two or three letters long. She kept rubbing her eyes as they had began to hurt slightly from the amount of squinting she was doing.

James looked over at her every now and again, chuckling at the way the girl was now holding her book very close to her face, so close that her nose would have been pressed against the page is she moved it any closer.

She pouted slightly as she looked over at James, who instantly stopped laughing and looked back down at his book, quickly flipping over a page to make it look like he wasn't looking at her.

She stared at him, before placing her book down on the table and looking at him with a small smirk on her face.

It took James a few minutes before he looked back over at Cassie, his eyes widening slightly at the smirk on her face, and he scooted his chair away slightly, which made the dark-haired girl roll her eyes, but giggle nonetheless, she scooted closer to him, until their legs were touching, which made Cassie intake a deep breath, however, it went unnoticed by James, who was trying his hardest to keep his breathing steady.

"Potter." Cassie whispered, staring him in the eyes.

James gulped, his adams apple bobbing up and down as he looked down at Cassie.

"What?"

"Give me your glasses."

James rasised his eyebrows, but took his glasses off, and passed them to the girl. Cassie put them on instantly, and did a small pose in her chair, placing her hands on her hips.

"How do I look?" She asked, and James shook his head.

"I have no idea."

"Well, how do you think I would look?"

"You look stunning all the time, so probably stunning."

Cassie couldn't help the blush that rose to her cheeks, or the smile that instantly made its way onto her face, nor could she help the the feeling in her the pit of her stomach, the feeling she only got around James.

"Are you flirting with me Potter?" Cassie moved so that she was now facing James, who had also moved so that he facing the girl. The two had leaned in slightly.

"What if I am Black?"

They leaned in more. James had butterflies in his stomach,

"You should do it more often."

They leaned in even more. James eyes went to Cassies lips, and back to her eyes.

"R-really?"

Cassies palms were slightly sweaty, and her heart was beating in her ears. She felt like she really wanted to kiss James.

"Yeah."

Their eyes began to close, and their lips were almost touching. . .

When Sirius burst into the library, causing the doors to slam open, the two instantly parted, ignoring the feeling of disappointment in their hearts.

Sirius stared at the two with narrowed eyes, before he shrugged and walked over to the two of them.

"Hows studying going?" He asked, shoving Cassie out the way so that he could sit in between them.

"It was fine before you came here Pads." James murmured, and Sirius rolled his eyes before looking at his twin, and back to James.

"Am I missing something here?"

Cassie shook her head, letting out a sigh before standing up and grabbing her book.

"I'll see you later boys."

James waved and watched her go, until she had turned the corner, when he felt Sirius' gaze on his head.

"What?" James asked, exasperated looking at his best-friend.

"Why do you have a boner?"

"Sirius!"

・・・☽✥☾・・・

SHORT-ISH CHAPTER,
BUT I'M PLANNING ON WRITING
ANOTHER CHAPTER LATER TODAY,
SO IT MAY BE OUT IN THE NEXT
COUPLE OF DAYS.

I'M BACK HOME FROM
CORNWALL NOW, SO I WILL BE
UPDATING MORE, I HOPE,
BUT I ALSO HAVE QUITE
A LOT OF SCHOOL WORK TO DO
BEFORE I GO BACK- IN A MONTH.

ANYWAYS-

THEY ALMOST KISSED  :)
I REALLY LOVE THEIR FRIENDSHIP,
AND CANNOT WAIT FOR THEIR
RELATIONSHIP!
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS
CHAPTER  :)

I HAVE A PLAN FOR THE NEXT
CHAPTER, AND CAN'T
WAIT TO WRITE IT-

UNTIL NEXT TIME
- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.9K 50
Lily Evans declared that she would never love or even like James Potter, the arrogant, Quidditch playing bully. When she finds out, to her dismay, th...
20.4K 615 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
26.9K 1.1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
13.8K 638 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...