bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

twenty-five

77.9K 3K 6.3K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
twenty-five

JAMES POTTER LET OUT A LOUD groan as he banged his head on the edge of the Gryffindors table, however, it didn't help with his hangover.

Sirius had his head resting in his cereal bowl. Remus was leaning against Peter, his eyes open ever so slightly, while Peter looked at his three friends, rolling his eyes before continuing to eat his toast.

Cassie grinned as she walked into the Great Hall, her arm intwined with Marlene, who was stumbling on her feet. Lily and Alice were walking behind the other two girls, going over their potions homework for that weekend.

"Oh this is going to be good." The Slytherin spoke up as her eyes caught the Marauders, Marlene turned to look at her, yawning as she spoke.

"W-whats gonna be g-good?"

Cassie only grinned as she walked up to the Gryffindor table, leaving the other three girls to look at her confused.

Cassie smirked, before waving her wand in the air, a pot and pan appeared in the air in front of her, grins spread across Alice and Lily's faces, however Marlene groaned and covered her ears.

People stared at her as she waved her wand again, instantly the pots and pans began to bash against eachother, admiting loud bangs.

The three sleeping Marauders jumped up, Sirius spilling his entire bowl of ceral down his front, Remus fell off the bench, and James hit his head very hard on the table.

Anyone else with a hangover groaned and glared at the Slytherin, while people who didn't, laughed at the other students reactions.

Sirius rubbed his eyes before looking at his sister.

"Fuck off, Cassie." He muttured, picking the cereal off his shirt.

Cassie grinned, sitting down next to James, who was glaring at her, and rubbing his forehead, the other three girls sitting across from her.

"What in Salazars name did you Gryffindors get up to last night?" Cassie asked, biting into a piece of toast.

James furrowed his eyebrows, and looked away, shrugging, as Peter smirked at the three.

"Well." He said, placing his hands under his chin and looking at Cassie.

"Remus thought it would be a good idea to throw all the books in the dormitory into the fire, so now we all need new ones." Remus let out a groan, covering his head with his arms.

"Then he thought it would be a good idea to levitate James up to the girls dorm so he could kiss Lily goodnight - they dropped him halfway up, but luckily the stairs turned into the slide before he cracked his head open." Cassie giggled, while Lily turned as red as her hair.

"Sirius made out with Marlene in one of the broom closests leading to where the tower is, right after he set of fireworks, so McGonagall found them." Cassies eyes widened as she looked at Marlene.

"Ew." She said, causing the girls to giggle, and Marlene to blush. "So now they both have detention next week." Peter continued.

"Then they all decided to go to Madam Pomfrey, just because they wanted to." Peter then looked at James, chuckling as he spoke.

"And James thought it would be a good idea to flirt with Madam Pomfrey." The four girls began to laugh loudly, drawing attention as James glared at Peter, running a hand through his hair in attempt to make it look neater.

"He tried to kiss her for beging, 'such a help,' and 'so darling when they needed her.'" The girls laughed even harder, Peter, Remus and Sirius joining in.

"I remember being young." Dumbledore spoke, his eyes twinkling as he looked over the eight fifth years sitting at the table. Dumbledore was stood at his podium, the owls golden wings outstretching as he smiled softly.

"Must have been centuries ago though," Cassie muttered to Marlene, causing the girl to choke on the water she was drinking. Dumbledore smiled more, as if he had heard the girl speak.

"Running around in the sun, having fun with my friends-"

"Running around with your pet dinosaur." Marlene snorted as Cassie whispered to her, James grinning at the girl, Dumbledore continued anyways.

"Getting drunk, and then going house to house with my friend-" Cassie interrupted again,

"More like cave to cave rather than house to house."

This time the eight students laughed, meaning more turned to look at them, including McGonagall, who glared at the students.

"Anyways." Dumbledores voice became louder, drowning out the sound of the laughing students.

"Seeing as tomorrow is Valentines day, the Hogsmeade hours will change, the hour at which you leave will stay the same, but the hour at which you must will return is now nine pm, instead of six." James grins, turning to face Lily.

"Hey Evans-?" Lily rolls her eyes, interrupting James.

"No, just like I said last year, and the year before that, and the year before that." James shrugged, not understanding why he didn't feel as hurt as when Lily had said it previou years.

Cassie giggles, causing James to elbow her in the side.

"Now that we have all established that Mr Potter has been turned down, once again." Dumbledore said, and the whole hall, apart from most of the Slytherins, burst into laughter.

Sirius was pounding his fist on the table, Remus and Peter were leaning against eachother, cluching their stomachs. Lily and Alice were giggling as they placed their hands over their mouths.

Cassie was resting her head on the table laughing, while Marlene placed her head in her hands, shaking with laughter.

"Shut up old man." James grumbled, stabbing his eggs with his fork.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"Do you ever wonder what fish think when eating food off a hook?"

Cassie asked, swinging upside-down from the branch of a tree as she looked at Sirius, who was lying on the grass beneath her, his eyes closed as he relaxed in the first lot of spring sun.

"Like, when a hook filled with food comes into the water, they can't just think their food is flying." Sirius opened his eyes slightly, looking up at his sister with a look of confusion on his face.

"What on Earth goes on in your brain?" He asked, a small smile on his face. Cassie shrugged.

"But honestly, I would love to be a fish just for a short while, so I can see what it thinks when the bait fly past." Sirius shook his head, closing his eyes again.

"Welcome to Questions with Cassie." He said, his voice laced with amusement. The dark-haired girl let go of the branch, and jumped down from the tree.

"Do you think crabs think fish are flying?" She asks after a few moments, looking down at the lake in the distance.

Sirius snorted, shaking his head, "How high are you?" He asked, opening his eyes to look at Cassie again, the girl shrugged,

"5'3 last time I checked." Sirius shook his head again.

"You're tiny, like an ant." Cassie pouted.

"Ant my arse."

Sirius grinned again.

"But you've got the mouth of an elephant, I'm sure people in Australia can hear you sometimes." Cassie rolled her eyes, giggling slightly.

They two sat in silence for a few minutes, before the grass besides Sirius moved slightly, telling him that Cassie had laid down besides him. He smiled, not opening his eyes as he felt the sun on his skin.

"Hey Cass?" He asked after a few more minutes, and Cassie hummed in response.

"Why didn't you tell me you reacted to Rosier kissing you? Why didn't you tell me you slapped him." Cassie gulped, but the sound went unnoticed by Sirius, as a few loud first years had just ran past.

"I didn't think it was important," She said after thinking for a moment.

"Anyways, the past is in the past. It doesn't matter now." Sirius frowned, turning on his side to look at Cassie.

"It matters to me, how did mother and father react?"

It was then the Slytherin was greatful that she was lying on the ground, if she was standing up, Sirius would've seen the way her whole body began to shake, the way her hands felt like they were rocking back and forth on a boat. He would've seen the way her forehead became creased as she tensed up.

"You know, a few slaps and being spat on." Cassie said, and it wasn't a lie, but it definitely wasn't the whole truth.

It was nowhere near the whole truth.

Sirius frowned, grabbing his sisters hand, and it took all her might to stop it from shaking.

"Promise me you'll tell me if they do anything again." He said, looking at her with a serious face, for once not a hint of amusement of laughter was on it, and Cassie nodded, her lips barley moving as she said

"Promise." But promises were made to be broken.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 1.5K 25
|| REWRITING || Clara Potter has always been much more serious than her mischievous younger brother and his unruly band of friends. For much of their...
3.6K 57 68
As Sirius grew up, he not only had to battle the growing disappointment his parents had brewing for him, but also the odd dance that fired in his sto...
20.8K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
53.2K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...