✓ 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑, �...

By honeyslytherin

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* | 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑 [ 𝐣𝐣 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤 ] ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧ ... More

✓ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
✓ 𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄/𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑
✓ ONE.
✓ TWO.
✓ THREE.
✓ FOUR.
✓ FIVE.
✓ SIX.
✓ SEVEN.
✓ EIGHT.
✓ NINE.
✓ TEN.
✓ ELEVEN.
✓ TWELVE.
✓ THIRTEEN.
✓ FOURTEEN.
✓ FIFTEEN.
✓ SIXTEEN.
✓ SEVENTEEN.
✓ EIGHTEEN.
✓ NINETEEN.
✓ TWENTY.
✓ TWENTY ONE.
✓ TWENTY TWO.
✓ TWENTY THREE.
✓ TWENTY FOUR.
✓ TWENTY FIVE.
✓ TWENTY SIX.
✓ TWENTY SEVEN.
✓ TWENTY EIGHT.
✓ TWENTY NINE.
✓ THIRTY.
✓ THIRTY TWO.
✓ THIRTY THREE
✓ THIRTY FOUR.
✓ THIRTY FIVE.
✓ THIRTY SIX.
✓ THIRTY SEVEN.
✓ THIRTY EIGHT.
✓ THIRTY NINE.
✓ FORTY.
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
a/n
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
THE END (FOR NOW)
EXTRA ONE.
EXTRA TWO.
EXTRA THREE.
YALL
RULE BREAKERS

✓ THIRTY ONE

44.7K 849 557
By honeyslytherin

chapter thirty one
"lady liberty"

"WAIT, WHY ARE YOU KICKING him out? He helped me!"

Lynn had chased directly after the security guard the second he had yanked JJ from the men's room — he didn't even wait for her, he didn't care. She tried jumping forward in an attempt at hooking her fingertips around his forearm, trying her best to pull him to a halt, but it was no avail. He kept shoving JJ forward, who was glancing backwards at Lynn to make sure she was okay. Either from Rafe touching her, or from being forced out.

"He tried starting a fight, ma'am, I've got to escort him out," the security guard answered, and she only let out a scoff — there was tears threatening to spill from her eyes, but she wasn't even sure why.

"So, then those boys could corner me in the men's restroom and they're fine? But he sticks up for me and he's out!?" Lynn snapped as she hopped in front of the security guard, making both him and JJ stop in their steps. The anger was starting to fume in her eyes to replace those wet tears from a few seconds ago, and JJ understood.

"It's okay. Evie, I'll see you later, alright?" JJ replied quickly, and with that the security guard forced JJ's body forward — almost making him trip. "Look, look man. I can walk for myself. I got legs. Can you see that, brother? Alright, I really appreciate what you did back there, let me just walk out by myself."

Lynn searched around the crowd frantically, desperate to see if she could spot Kie through all the Kooks, and how the girl could possibly help the situation. That was when they walked straight passed her while she was holding a conversation with her parents, and she gripped ahold of Lynn's wrist.

"What the hell is going on?" Kie questioned, narrowing her eyes at the security guard and JJ walking past the crowd of people — the man wanted to look nonchalant, but she didn't think JJ was going to be that easy.

"He's fucking kicking him out because Rafe and the other idiots tried fighting us in the guys restroom," Lynn spoke quickly, and that vexation was once again growing — it was clear on her scowled face, and in the threatening boom of her voice.

"It's okay, everybody! Do not panic!"

And apparently, the situation was going from bad to even worse. Lynn's eyes trailed JJ as she witnessed him downing a small glass of what looked like whiskey with a few ice cubes, and he let out an excited whoop.

"Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them!" JJ clapped his hands together, and Lynn was pressing her lips together so she wouldn't let out a laugh — still wanting to look polite in front of Mr. and Mrs. C. "Rose, you look like Lady Liberty, it's good to see you again. Hey, buddy, can I have one of those?"

"Let go of him! You can't just boot him!" Kie shouted from the porch she and Lynn were currently perched at, and she flinched standing right next to her — not expecting her to suddenly make a scene. Immediately, both her parents started pulling on her arms for her to stop, but she didn't. "I invited him here, I'm a member of this club."

And within a second, JJ noticed how off guard the security guard was, so he shoved him with all his strength into a table full of glasses, plates full of delicious looking food Lynn hadn't even got the opportunity to try yet. Shattered noises could be heard from all around, and a lot of people starting gasping — probably not expecting such a rough house for a elegant party like this.

"Sorry about that," JJ shrugged, backing up away from the guard. Then, he pointed towards Lynn and Kie standing on the wooden deck. "Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixons, Kie, Princess. Pope, you as well, alright, Rixons Cove. Let's roll."

Lynn grinned happily at seeing JJ make a dramatic exit, but she then switched over to Kie to see if they were leaving with him. She scrunched up her face sympathetically, knowing her parents would lose their minds if she left with the rest of the Pogues right now.

"Alright, Kie, Eve, c'mon! Workers of the world unite, throw off your chains!" JJ exclaimed, pounding his hand into his wrist for the extra drama — this was the boy she loved, the boy she would always love.

John B appeared from outside of the party, where usually a security guard probably would've kicked him out on his ass — but they were much too distracted with the current teenage Pogues. Pope then jumped to his feet despite the constant booming threat of his fathers voice nearing in the back, he darted off after his friends.

"You can't hang out these kids," Mr. C growled towards his daughter with fierce eyes, and Kie switched over to Lynn — and they intertwined their hands as they took off down the porch towards their best friends.

"I'm sorry..." Kie shouted backwards at her family, and Lynn flashed them an apologetic expression as she followed suit right after her brunette best friend.

"C'mon, princess!" JJ hollered after his girl, and when blonde was close enough he wrapped his strong arms around her waist, picking her up with ease, and spun her around two times before her feet were placed gently back on the ground.

The Pogues then saw the security guard aiming straight for them, so they picked up their pace and started running into the dark forest that would lead to the other side of the island — their side of the island.

"Later, losers!"

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dads already gonna kill me. What's this mandatory meeting about?"

Lynn glanced from playing with JJ's many rings that littered his fingers — her favorite was the one on his thumb, it felt so smooth, up towards Pope, who was sitting across from her on a log. The teenagers were all surrounding a fire John B and JJ started, where JJ and Lynn were sitting closely together on one log, with John B to her right and Kie to her left on their own seats.

The two blondes had yet a chance to talk about their firework setting kiss, and frankly, they just wanted more. The chemistry that was already consistent between them made their bodies burn when close in proximity. They weren't sure what they were yet, but they both knew they wanted it to be something.

"Might as well tell him, man," JJ shrugged, his hand shifting a bit on Lynn's thigh, where his grip only tightened against her skin. "Before we're gaffed."

Lynn narrowed her eyes confusedly at the blonde boy, not quite understanding what he meant by 'gaffed'. She then switched over towards John B for his reaction, but he looked puzzled himself as he searched for the right words.

"You ready for this?" John B started, and the kids all nodded in anticipation for him to continue. "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Oh my God, here we go again with this."

"John B, are you ever gonna give this up?" Lynn groaned annoyingly, rolling her blue eyes at the boy. She knew he wanted to finish this, for his father, but it just felt too dragged on anymore. They were broke, partially dumb, teenagers, how the hell would they be the ones to find the gold after all this time?

"No, alright, wait," JJ stated, and he glanced down to Lynn, whispering more closely to her ear. "Hear him out, alright, princess?"

Lynn made some grumbling noises, not really forming any words, and crossed her arms over her chest as she motioned for John B to continue.

John B couldn't help the grin that crossed his face, "It's been here the whole time. It's on the island."

"Are you serious?" Kie gasped, and she glanced up to see everyone's reactions. "Oh my God."

"You're joking," Lynn commented, flashing a weary expression over to John B. "How do you know?"

Pope rose a single index finger into the air as he pointed it directly at John B, "I'd like to voice my skepticism."

"I'm sure you would, Pope," John B replied, getting up from his spot on the log to walk over towards his backpack. "But can I please present you with my evidence, sir?"

Wearily, Pope caved, "Proceed."

And that's when John B explained the entire story to his best friends surrounding the warm and sparkling fire. From Denmark Tanny, the slave that actually appeared to be the sole survivor of the Royal Merchant. He used the gold to buy slaves their freedom, which is why he was ultimately lynched. And how there was a coded message on where to find the gold of the Royal Merchant.

"Okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true," Pope admitted against his will, and although Lynn was never one to confess to being wrong, she certainly felt it in this situation.

"Oh my God, my best friends a genius," Lynn grinned, wrapping her soft fingertips around a stick that was laying near her feet and tossing it towards John B, who evenly escaped the hit.

"I am a genius," John B smirked back towards the blonde, but then he was suddenly taken off guard when JJ jumped from his previous position next to Lynn, and hooked his arms around the boy to give him a huge bear hug. "Hey, whoa! Hello, fire! You're near the fire, you're gonna burn."

"I'm so proud of you right now," JJ stated, lightly tapping John B's cheek.

John B smiled towards his slightly taller best friend, "Thank you, that's very sweet of you."

"Okay, so, guys," Pope spoke up after giving everyone a second to process what John B had just told them — even though they would certainly need more than just that. "What's the plan?"

"Good question," John B pointed towards Pope, and he moved so he would be standing in the middle where everyone could see him. Not in the fire, of course. "So, Sarah Cameron's coming tonight. She'll bring an original survey map—"

"—Wait, wait, hold on. Sarah?" Kie interrupted, and Lynn switched confusingly between the brunettes. "W-Why Sarah?"

"This is gonna be good..." JJ muttered under his breath, returning to his spot on the log, next to Lynn. She tilted her head at him, wondering how he already knew what John B was talking about.

"Sarah, um, she got me into the archives in Chapel Hill yesterday, and that's where I got the letter," John B explained while he sputtered on the fire words, and both Kie and Lynn shared an almost betrayed expression.

"You were in Chapel Hill with Sarah Cameron?"

"I'm sorry, you what?" Lynn questioned as her jaw went slack, glancing from Kie to John B, shock written all over their faces. She couldn't believe it, that's what started the argument previously and when John B admitted to their kiss — he couldn't just come out with the fact he was with her? "You were with a Kook?"

John B scratched the back of the neck sheepishly, and his eyes were hovering towards the ground instead of his friends, "Yeah, um..."

"He was mackin' on her," JJ quickly interrupted, and Lynn's gasp only grew. How in the hell did John B go from kissing her to macking with a Kook? It wasn't even that her feelings were hurt, hell, she's with JJ now — but why did he lie?

John B and JJ bickered for a moment over whether or not John B was actually macking it with Sarah Cameron, while Lynn and Kie were trying to process the whole thing.

Kie spoke throughout the air to interrupt their stupid words, "Did you tell her about the treasure?"

"I was trying to get into the archives," John B defended, and Lynn just glared harshly at the boy — her blue eyes had formed into sharp slits.

"Is that a yes?"

"I-I left out key details," John B replied, but this only seemed to make Kiara more angry with each passing second. It made sense though, although Lynn didn't know what exactly went down between the girls, it was unfair to bring her ex best friend into the treasure hunt without asking.

"Yo, what?" Kie scoffed, her eyes widened as saucers, she was trying to keep her vexation under control. "You let a Kook in on our secret? What about Pogue Life? What about the t-shirt company, bro?"

"The t-shirt company, JB!" Lynn commented, throwing her arms up in the air, nearly whacking JJ in the face who was still seated beside her. He tucked his arm around her waist, his fingertips brushing up against the skin of her back — she couldn't be angry with JJ was touching her like this.

"I was just using her for information!"

"Why don't I believe you?" Kie questioned sarcastically, bobbing her head to each word.

"I'm trying to make us filthy rich here," John B stated dryly, and then he started flying his arms like Lynn previously did a second ago. "Okay, so that we can pay off a boat, or-or send you to autopsy school to study dead bodies. Look, you guys know me. Do I look like the type of person to fall for Sarah Cameron?"

JJ perked his eyebrows up with amusement, "Do you want us to answer that, or.?"

"Look, you don't know her yet! I do!" Kie argued, her voice was strained. But because it was dark and Kie was several yard away, Lynn couldn't tell if the girl was on the verge of tears or not. "You can't trust her!"

"Her brother did hit me in the back with a golf club," Pope added, and then Lynn pursed her lips as she thought about Rafe — regrettably, of course.

"He did drug me, so," Lynn shrugged her shoulders sheepishly, not really caring much in the long run, but she could feel JJ's entire body tense up beside her at the mention of Rafe and Lynn together.

"Rafe and Sarah are two different human beings," John B pointed out, and Lynn only rolled her blue eyes — true, but she was still agitated. "What did she do to you, exactly?"

Lynn peered from beyond JJ sitting next to her to Kie, mostly interested because not a single other person seemingly knew what went down between the two girls her Kook year. Lynn shivered at the thought, hating it.

"She's like a-a, like a spitting cobra," Kie started, but Lynn scrunched her face pathetically. There had to be a better way to describe the relationship, Kiara. "First, she blinds you, and then..."

"That's a bad analogy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 397 19
~*JJ Maybank x Y/n Routledge*~*Completed :)*~
308K 4.1K 40
started: 14.08.20 completed: 07.06.22 𝙚𝙪𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖 /𝙟𝙪ːˈ𝙛ɔː𝙧ɪə/ 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣: 𝙚𝙪𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙖...
5.3K 5 23
read to find out
1.8K 3 22
read to find out