✓ TWENTY EIGHT.

chapter twenty eight
"evelynn bardot likes me?"

      "EXCUSE ME, SIR, DO WE have to shuck these ourselves?"

     A giggle ricocheted from Lynn at Kiara's sly comment as she gained Pope's attention, who appeared to be currently working at the side of his father at the Midsummer's party. She hadn't run into Mr. Heyward yet, and she hoped that she wouldn't have too.

      Kie and Lynn had arrived to the party a few minutes ago, and there seemed to only be a minimal amount of people due to the fact the party didn't start for roughly another half-hour. But Kie's parents were hell-bent on being as early as possible, couldn't blame them — the food was spectacular so far.

      "'Cause it might mess up our costumes," Lynn finished Kie's sentence in the god awful accent, and both girls had smirks written on their faces as their best friend recognized them when a huff of a turn around.

      "We wouldn't want that, now, would we?" Pope smiled towards the two girls — trying to his eyes off how beautiful they were in the moment, but then his eyes drifted upon Lynn.

      He immediately took off his huge yellow gloves he was previously using to touch the good, and enveloped the blonde girl into a tight hug. She was totally taken off guard, but warmly welcomed the action, but after a moment it seemed like Pope's grip on her didn't loosen.

      "Alright, Pope, I love you too, bro," Lynn patted his back awkwardly, waiting for him to let go of her — but he still didn't. "You can stop hugging me now."

      "But I can't! Lynn, y-you and JJ, you guys saved me, I like, totally owe you guys my life," Pope spoke rather quickly, and Lynn's eyes widened like sauces while trying to process what he was saying so fast.

      "Okay, slow down, Pope," Lynn placed her hands on his shoulders, and shook him to get him out of the rambling mode. "You're welcome, dude, but you're not like, in my debt, okay? I was apart of the whole mess, I took down Rafe's boat, you should really be thanking JJ, he took the blame for your part."

      "Y-yeah, you're right," Pope stated, nodding his head. But still, he quickly embraced the girl into another hug, but this time it was over within a second. "But still, thank you, Lynn."

      Lynn bobbed her head up and down in a reassuring action, "Of course, Pope."

      "You ever seen this many Kooks in one place?" Kie asked after a moment of a growing silence between the Pogues, and all three turned to stare into the growing crowd.