✓ TWENTY THREE.

chapter twenty three
"attaboy!"

      "YOU KNOW WHAT, LYNN? YOU'RE like a piece of gum I stepped on that just won't let go

      "YOU KNOW WHAT, LYNN? YOU'RE like a piece of gum I stepped on that just won't let go. You obsessed with me, or something?"

      Lynn's upper lip curled in anger as Rafe smirked at her, and all she wanted to do was pounce on him and slam her fist into his face repeatedly until she couldn't feel her hand anymore. But — she had to strongly hold herself back.

      "You know what, Rafe? You're like a bag full of pampers, self-absorbed and full of shit," Lynn retorted back, ripping her hand away from JJ as she taunted her face directly into Rafe's — even though he was much taller than her five, five body.

      She could hear all the boys, whether they were Pogue or Kook, go 'ooh' at her snappy remark, and she was proud of herself for managing to embarrass him in front of his friends. JJ and Pope stood there for a moment, frozen to the ground, their mouths shaped as O's as it seemed like theof female best friend had more balls than them.

      They rounded the corner of the tree while Lynn and Rafe were waiting for the others to make a move, where Topper and Kelce appeared. Then, the three Pogues were rounded into a little circle behind the big, white cloth where the movie was playing.

      "Oh, you stupid bitch—" Rafe growled, taking a step forward into Lynn's face, but she didn't even flinch when he did so. She wanted an excuse to bash his face in, just one singular reason.

      "—Yeah, I am a bitch, but I'm damn lucky I ain't yours," Lynn swiftly cut off Rafe, grinning at the Cameron boy with mischief written all over her face.

      "C'mon, Lynn, we just wanna talk to your buddies," Topper interrupted, eyeing the girl up and down — and it was now his turn for Lynn to glare sharp daggers in his direction.

      Lynn was gritting her teeth so hard at the holy testosterone that was flooding her nose, and was ready to knock all three of the boys to the ground on their asses.

      "Just chill out, Topper," Pope yelled quickly, backing up a foot or so away from the boys surrounding them.

      "Yeah, that was some nice work you did on my boat!"

      "I-I don't know what you're talking about," Pope stuttered, and Lynn switched from looking at Topper back over to Rafe, who was nearing the girl more and more by the second — like a lion surrounding his prey.

      "Not so burly without a gun now, are you?" Rafe countered, still having his signature smirk written on his pink lips. He tilted his head to the side as his eyes flickered from Lynn's to JJ's and then back to the blonde. "So, what? Did Pope get Topper's boat, and you get mine, sweetheart?"