✓ SIX.

chapter six
"the bends kill you"

      "THIS IS EMPTY, YOU TOOK empty tanks?"

Currently, the scooby gang were out on the boat in the marsh, after John B had 'borrowed' some air tanks from his boss so they could dive down to the wreckage, to see if there was actually something valuable down there.

Lynn's fingers fiddled with an air tanks register, and she shook her head at Kie as she glanced over in her direction, questioning if there was any air in the one in her hands, but no avail.

"Good job, John B, you had one job," Lynn deadpanned at the boy as he took a seat on the back of the boat, closer to Kie. He folded his legs up, and crossed his arms over each other, a stressed expression now scowling his face. Kie grabbed the last air tank, and an overwhelming breath of relief came from her. "What?"

"Okay, this ones a quarter full," Kie responded, glancing up to the rest of the crew, her shoulders softly shrugging. "It's enough for one of us."

Pope was leaning back in the drivers seat, doing the same thing John B did with his legs earlier. JJ was stretching comfortably on the edge the boat, basically his favorite spot, while holding onto the metal bar that was attached to the wheel counter.

"Love it when a plan comes together," he snarkily commented.

"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kie asked, and then everyone went dead silent as they waited for one of them to speak up. When no one did, Lynn glanced up to see that absolutely everybody looked clueless.

"Wow, we didn't even make sure one of us can dive?" Lynn questioned, and once again everyone stayed quiet. She practically facepalmed at the stupidity of her and her best friends.

"It's kind of a Kook sport," JJ shrugged, pouting his lips out in a simple response.

"I read about it," Pope spoke up, adjusting the hat he was wearing a bit, perhaps to cover himself up from the stunning sun.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die."

Lynn tried her best to hold in her laugh since everyone seemed a bit annoyed right now, but she failed and it came out more like a snort than anything. Everyone groaned, ignoring her, thankfully — and their thoughts pondered what could possibly be their next step.

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breath. How hard can it be?" JJ stated, pointing at the only available air tank and then his mouth.

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope explained, gazing up to JJ, who simply looked like he didn't understand what that was.

"Bends, like," JJ exaggerated, bending down to the side so his ass would be out, and Lynn didn't necessarily hate the view. "Bend over and—"