51

chapter fifty one
"a little weed never hurt no one"

———

"WHAT'S THE PLAN?"

LYNN, CLOSELY followed by Kie, Pope, and JJ, all rushed after John B who jumped out of the van first. They had all arrived just merely seconds ago at the Cameron's plane strip, and they all clutched the gate with nervousness and excitement as their eyes searched the area. Lynn was in between JJ and Pope, where John B was next to Pope on his side, and then Kie next to John B.

"I don't think we got that far," John B answered Kie, but his eyes didn't leave the big white plane in the middle of the air strip.

"They're putting the gold on the plane now," Lynn stated as her eyes searched through the binoculars sitting in her fingers, mostly because she ended up snatching them first before anyone else.

John B then snaked his hand to grab the binoculars from Lynn, and she let out a slight scoff at the fact he took it so harshly and didn't even ask for them.

"There's Ward," John B commented as they heard a car honk in the distance, and Lynn tried squinting her eyes the best she could to see if she could get a better view.

After a moment of the crew watching the scene to see if anything happened, but not really being able to identify anything, they all glanced over towards John B as his lips turned into a gasp and he lowered the binoculars.

"What?" Kie questioned as she saw just how shocked John B seemed, but when he didn't answer, she continued much louder. "What!?"

"It's Sarah."

Lynn then copied John B's same expression, her pink lips forming a gasp as she worriedly looked over to the plane; even though she wouldn't be able to see anything.

"She's with him?" Pope asked, and Lynn looked almost betrayed at her best friend as he was standing closely to her.

"No way in hell," Lynn shook her head, and her fingertips on the metal wire only tightened, and started to dig more harshly into her skin.

Lynn was instantly relieved as she felt JJ's touch, instinctively knowing it was him by the frame of his hand. He warmly placed it on her arm, gaining her attention away from gripping the fence, and he gave her a reassuring nod. His fingertips brushed against her skin, in nice, slow circles as she felt herself become more relaxed.

"Wait a minute, he's hurting her!"

The entire group all turned heads towards John B as he anxiously stared it, and Lynn felt the anxiety once again rise in the bottom of her stomach. She knew Sarah couldn't be in one the plan to steal the gold from them, because she isn't that type of person.

They rippled with 'whats?' from everyone as they patiently waited for the next words to fall from John B's mouth. JJ intertwined his hand into Lynn's, knowing how much her emotion was growing by the second.

"They're fighting," John B breathed out, and Kie ended up taking the binoculars out of his hands so she could get a look for herself. "Holy shit."

The crew all confusingly stared down John B as he turned away from the fence and raced towards the old VW van. Lynn titled her head to the side like a lost puppy as he jumped into the driver sides door.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

Lynn's ocean blue eyes didn't leave the brown van as John B started up the van, and each of the kids all seemed to take a step forward or so towards him.