✓ THIRTY SEVEN.

chapter thirty seven
"hydroponic"

chapter thirty seven"hydroponic"

      "CODE RED!"

      LYNN, GROGGY AND annoyed from being woken in the middle of her very important cat nap, was trudging herself on the wooden dock towards the Pogue. Pope has his hands wrapped tightly on the wheel, and he appeared excited to get going. She rubbed her left eye, still feeling the weight of her previously sleepy state.

     "What the hell is going on?" Kie questioned, and she hopped onto the boat behind Pope. Lynn mimicked the same action, only slightly to the left so she wouldn't bump Kie.

      "Look, JJ and John B conked out in the marsh," Pope explained, and Lynn took a seat in the back as she yawned, already missing the quite uncomfortable pull-out couch. "They need a tow."

      "And you had to drag my ass out here, why?" Lynn asked, and she quickly tugged on the pair of dark sunglasses she had stolen from JJ earlier that month, thinking the sun was much brighter than usual — maybe it was the five beers she had before napping.

     "We need you guys for mechanical."

      "I was having the best nap, Pope, so if this is all useless and Kie fixes it herself, I'm gonna kick your ass," Lynn grumbled, and the teenagers around her started to laugh at her grumpiness — she truly was like an old man when it came to her sleep.

      After a short ride out to the marsh, Lynn and Kie hesitantly jumped onto the boat that John B and JJ were stranded on. Kie went first, and then was followed by Lynn, but the blonde was confused as to why Pope didn't join them, he stayed planted on the Pogue.

      "Can't you guys do anything without us?" Kie mumbled, gazing to John B and JJ in the control room. "What happened?"

      Lynn's eyes watched JJ's entire body as he straightened out her back from kneeling over the mechanical opening in the boat. He was shirtless, and a smirk took over her lips when the idea of him just taking his shorts off too, but she quickly shoved that thought in the back of her brain as they focused on fixing the mechanical problem.

      Lynn peeled the sunglasses down her nose some while she still examined the boys ass from behind, but then awkwardly cleared her throat when Kiara shot her a questionable expression.

      "Uh, the alternators, uh, not alternating anymore," JJ answered with a sputter, and Lynn peered over his shoulder towards the hole in the floor where a lot of the big mechanical parts were, the basics of what kept the boat moving. "Hey, princess."