✓ TWENTY NINE.

chapter twenty nine
"i love you"

      "SEE! I TOLD YOU THIS would be fun!"

As much as Lynn wanted to disagree, the party so far had actually been a lot of fun. The two girls had managed to sneak some alcoholic drinks from the waiters despite the fact they were definitely underaged, and were more than a little bit buzzed. They were currently on the dancefloor, where Kie was showing Lynn how to properly dance like a Kook, or a douche, in other words.

"Okay, okay, whatever, you're right," Lynn caved, raising her arms in defeat as she rolled her blue eyes simply.

The two girls continued dancing, or more like swaying the more drunk they were feeling, and they were genuinely having fun. Lynn had hooked her arms over Kie's shoulders, their bodies were close and if it hadn't been a family event — they probably would've been grinding on each other.

Then, in waltzed JJ.

The blonde boy had been searching the crowd for Sarah, so he could deliver the piece of paper from Vlad, which he wasn't going to let John B forget any time soon. But his eyes landed on someone else first, and he thought his jaw quite literally hit the floor.

JJ's eyes didn't leave Lynn and Kie as they danced together, and although he couldn't hear them through the deafening crowd with the mix of music, he could see they were giggling together. His eyes didn't dare leave Lynn's body as he checked out her outfit, and how the dress complimented every single curve she had. Her straightened hair almost took him off guard, since he couldn't recall a time she didn't have it curly. But she looked quite literally stunning, and he knew she was the most beautiful girl at the party without having to look at anyone else.

He had to shake off all thoughts of just spinning the girl on her heel, dipping her romantically, and finally getting the kiss that the two deserved. But he had to finish the mission first, and then he could do that.

So, he then started moving his way through the crowd again, trying to do it in a sneaking way so the girls wouldn't see him. Pope stopped him for a moment, and the two enveloped in a distracted conversation.

"Holy shit, is that JJ?"

Lynn's pink lips turned into a gasp as she followed Kie's gaze, and there he was. She had to take a moment to make sure no drool fell from her lips, and her blue eyes were sparkling at the fact he looked so damn hot.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Lynn questioned, and she licked her dry, pink lips as her eyes didn't leave JJ.

He was wearing a tux, a basic white long-sleeve, a black vest, and then a spiffy tie. His black slacks fitted almost perfectly, and Lynn would've commented on his ass if they weren't in some awkward phase. He was carrying a black tray, and had several glasses on it, and she wondered if he was somehow working the event. But he had a determined face on, so she was questioning if it was some deeper thing than work.