✓ ONE.

chapter one
"paradise on earth"

      "THAT'S WHAT, A THREE STORY fall to the deck?"

      Evelynn Bardot, although she more commonly goes by Lynn, glanced up from her very comfortable seat. Her eyes trailed over to one of her most closest friends, Pope Heyward, who was so naively playing with a very professional looking nail gun. She tucked her fingertips underneath her head as she lifted up her chin, staring at the harsh, bright light, to John B — another hugely important person in her life. He was tiptoeing on the tall roof of some random house they had snuck onto, a beer in one hand, while the other was trying who was helping keep balance.

      It was an unimaginably beautiful and bright sunny day, and Lynn was thankful that JJ had managed to sneak some beers for the teenagers as they found a very suitable house that was being built for a fascist Kook. Lynn ended up finding a lawn chair leaning up against the nicely laid deck, and figured the owners wouldn't mind if she borrowed it for a bit.

      Lynn was sitting one of her billion swimsuits, but this specific one was a high-cut emerald green two piece, and while her upper half was exposed she was also wearing a pair of steel dark blue shorts. Her blonde strands of hair floating throughout the wind was covering her eyes a bit, and had grown down just below her shoulders. Her eyes were a light blue color, and she had gotten unmatchable comments of how they reminded them of the crystal blue waters of oceans.

      Soaking up the sun is one of her favorite past times, other than surfing, partying, and fishing, of course. She was just like every other teenager here in the Outer Banks, there weren't many other activities for her people.

      JJ gazed down to Lynn, who was sitting on some scaffolding with his legs dangling over the edge dangerously, and they met eye contact for a second as his bright, blue eyes met the same type of hers. He flashed her a smile, his lips tugging upwards unknowingly, and his eyes didn't dare leave hers.

      "I give you a one in three chance of survival," Pope had stated almost dryly, and Lynn simply let out an amused scoff while tugging a pair of dark sunglasses that were tucked neatly into her swimsuit bra.

      "Aw, c'mon Pope, give him more hope than that!" Lynn waved at the boy, placing her hand to cover her eyes from the crushing sun as she placed her dirty sunglasses into her blonde hair.

      "Thank you, Lynn," John B happily grinned while pointing his slender index finger at her, and she gave him a soft nose scrunch as a response. "Should I do it?"

      "Yeah, jump! I'll shoot you on the way down," Pope excitedly replied, narrowing his pointless nailing gun — since it wasn't plugged in anyway and didn't even have any nails in it, towards John B still playing around on the roof.