✓ TEN.

chapter ten
"ye olde dr. cottonmouth"

      "SHE SAYS SHE'S NOT COMIN'

      "SHE SAYS SHE'S NOT COMIN'."

      Lynn's blue eyes flickered from picking at the fading sage green nailpolish on her fingernails to Pope, who was standing on the porch right outside of The Wreck, which Kiara's family owns and runs.

      After leaving both John B and Kie behind, the three teenagers stayed in the backyard of JJ's dads house — who luckily wasn't there for the weekend. The boys were messing around with some jammed up generator, while Lynn stayed quiet sitting on the dock, her toes dangling in the soothing water. Then John B appeared, and they were once again off on some adventure.

      He explained to them that he actually got arrested, but was able to pass off the compass to Kie just in time. Lynn remembered smacking the back of his head as hard as she could, mostly for frightening her that he was going to be in deep, deep trouble.

      "Why not?" JJ questioned, raising the arm he had resting on the window. "What'd you do to her, John B?"

      "Lemme found out you—"

      "Hang on, I'll deal with it," John B interrupted, and Lynn was about to open her mouth to let out another snarky reply, but he had already propped open his door to dart off towards the restaurant.

      "He probably tried to make a move on her," JJ stated, glancing over his shoulder to see Lynn's reaction.

      "Ugh, boys and thinking girls are always into them," Lynn rolled her eyes sarcastically, and then she rose up from the back to start climbing into the front seat. She gripped ahold of the seat, and helped push herself forward, and collapsed onto the comfortable front seat.

      JJ pulled out his vape again, and took a quick drag of it, letting the smoke evade his mouth. He sure as hell looked hot doing it, so of course Lynn's eyes didn't leave his body, that was until he spoke up.

      "Like what you see, princess?"

      "Yeah, that vape sure looks nice," Lynn replied casually, flashing JJ a fake smile as she reached for his vape, which he switched to his other hand and held it out the window. "C'mon, J, please."

      Lynn did her best to bring out her puppy dog eyes, that almost always worked on any of the boys whenever she wanted something. She pursed out her bottom lip, and gave the softest blue eyes she could muster.

      "Goddamn," JJ hummed, letting out a little huff of air as he stared at her. "You can't just act all cute and expect to get whatever you want, princess."

      "It always seems to work, though," Lynn retorted, raising her legs so she could stretch them out on the wheel. "Meanie."

      "I'm not being mean, I just don't want to get you high," JJ responded, taking another hit from his vape, and she felt like he was almost doing it on purpose at this point.