✓ NINETEEN.

chapter nineteen
"shit"

chapter nineteen"shit"

"IT'S NOT THERE."

LYNN SWITCHED over her shoulder from staring at the disappointed John B to JJ by the wheel, and she shook her head slightly. The crew had been out on the open water for awhile now, and the stormy seas had slowed down a bit but were still on their way as they finally dived with the ROV to find the Royal Merchant — only, there was no gold hidden away in the wreck.

"Look, we can do another pass, recharge the battery," Pope explained, pointing an index finger to the ROV in the water. "W-we can go back down."

"Exactly, we don't have to give up yet, JB," Lynn agreed, putting a gentle hand on John B's shoulder, but he quickly tugged it away, and her sympathetic face turned into a glare. But when she met eye contact with JJ, it was almost like his blue eyes were telling her to calm down, that everything would be alright.

"Guys, we've been through it three times, there's nothing there."

"Shut up!" Kie yelled, running a hair through her windy, crazed hair. Lynn didn't feel like dealing with another arguably fight with the group, she didn't have the energy for it.

"What? It's true!" JJ countered back, shouting through the shade cover, but his hands didn't leave the wheel.

"The gold could be buried, we don't know," Kie argued, and Lynn took an available seat in the shade covering as she buried her head in her palms, defeated.

"If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay?" John B stated, his tone of voice clearly agitated. "Somebody beat us to it."

"Or it was never there," JJ grumbled, but then his annoyed expression dropped as he saw Lynn's state, she looked exhausted and there were small bags under her eyes, and JJ was questioning if she was still sleeping bad — even though they had been sleeping together regularly again. "Eve?"

"I'm fine," Lynn snapped angrily, before JJ even had the chance to ask how she was, and he looked at the blonde with gentle eyes. "Just drive back home."