✓ EIGHTEEN.

chapter eighteen
"pinch poke, you owe me a coke"

chapter eighteen"pinch poke, you owe me a coke"

      "ALRIGHT, JJ, I'LL GIVE YOU this one. I actually kinda like this plan."

      When JJ suggested that they go over to Rafe's — and then followed by Topper's, docks and trash their boats, the wise side of Lynn said that it would only end badly, but then the angry and impulsive side said that they were only getting what he deserved. They were like karma, but instead of waiting who knows how long, it would be now.

      "2020 Malibu, 24-MXC, the worlds finest wakesetter. Number on in quality, luxury, and performance."

      "This is war, guys. They hit us, we hit them," JJ stated, and he tugged the black bandana that was previously resting around his neck, over his face to cover right below his eyes. He then slid on a pair of sleek shades, and he looked so incredibly sexy that Lynn was scared that she was unconsciously drooling. "Lynn already dropped Rafe's boat, it's your turn, Pope."

      "You got this, Pope," Lynn commented, finally tearing her eyes from JJ to look at her best friend. She placed a hand on his shoulder, and gave him a reassuring squeeze. "It's easy, just pull the plug, and swim back over to us and we'll get outta here in a sec."

      Pope nodded slowly, and then his face was set in determination mode. He 'dived', although it looked as if he just flung himself into the water, off the boat, making a loud splash, and made his way to the expensive boat by swimming.

      "I'm sorry."

     Lynn switched from peering her body over the boat to watch Pope as he was about to flood the boat, and glanced over her shoulder towards JJ. Whose head was hanging low, slack jaw, and his voice was filled with disappointment.

      "For what?"

     "Rafe keeps hurting you," JJ drifted, his sad eyes raising up to make eye contact with Lynn's blue ones, and her face softened up. "And I keep failing at protecting you, princess."

      Lynn shifted her way over towards JJ, and she pulled the blonde boy into a hug by wrapping her arms around his shoulders. He instantly snaked his strong arms around her waist, and almost buried his face into her neck, smelling her somehow always perfect scent — a perfect mix of saltwater and vanilla.

      "You don't need to worry about me," Lynn murmured into his chest, pressing her cheek on it, wishing they could just stay here forever.

      "I love you, Eve, I care so damn much about you," JJ explained, backing away so he could face Lynn. "So, of course I'm going to worry about you."